BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Game Problem On Pc

Please can you tell me how I can deactivate my virtual drives and emulation software on my pc at home…I installed a game,but then got the error message “conflict with disc emulator detected” so now the game wont play….

Regards

Do you have something like Daemon Tools installed? I don't think you'd have to go as far as uninstalling it but you may need to set it to have no drives active.

Thinking about it doesn't Nero come with a virtual drive, unless you tell it not to install it.

You can try using a program that 'hides' your virtual drives, it should make them unrecognisable to the game you're trying to load.

Try sd4hide from here, it has a little explanation of what it does and how to use it too (although it's incredibly simple, takes about two clicks and doesn't require installing).

LeChuck,always knew you would respond to this…lol I have got nero installed…and a few other applications…ive heard some saying you need to uninstall your virtual drives etc…

My question is how do you find those things?

Have you tried using sd4hide? It's always worked for me.

Nero won't affect any of your games, or at least it shouldn't. There is another program around that does what sd4hide does, so if that isn't working for you I'll try and find out what the other one is.

You definitely should be able to get your game(s) working without having to uninstall things anyway.

Archived