BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lord Square

Anybody know if The Mall have got themselves another contractor yet? Last I heard was that Balfour Beatty had pulled out and the Mall were on the look-out for a new firm to construct the new buildings. Considering that the construction trade is going through severe turbulence at the moment, is it likely that the redevelopment will be delayed further?

There was an article about it in the LT last week along the lines that the company behind The Mall had sold 3 other shopping centres, that no-one else had started work ( they might still be going through the bid process ) and that an announcement was to be made later ( this month I think ).

The no contractor story came about in april time, and they said when the demolishion was complete in june, building work would start immedietly.

Now i personally think it wont get built and that is an eye sore for the forseeable future..

And you would have thought contractors would have been falling over each other to gaurentee some work in these uncertain times..

There was an article about it in the LT last week along the lines that the company behind The Mall had sold 3 other shopping centres, that no-one else had started work ( they might still be going through the bid process ) and that an announcement was to be made later ( this month I think ).

Meanwhile Preston's redevelopments continue apace of course.

Archived