BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Quick Question About Credit Cards...

The receiver needs to have an account with a the relevant card issuers. Without it they will not get paid. I know of no individuals who are, but many small businesses will.

Ah right. Sounds unlikely I can use that route then.

If you have credit card cheques you can pay anyone with a bank account.

I don't have one of those...can you get them with any card or only certain types? I could probably ask them this over the phone, but it's hard getting a straight answer from Delhi...

Ah right. Sounds unlikely I can use that route then.

I don't have one of those...can you get them with any card or only certain types? I could probably ask them this over the phone, but it's hard getting a straight answer from Delhi...

If they are in Delhi mate your best bet would be something like a western union transfer Transfer to india

If they are in Delhi mate your best bet would be something like a western union transfer Transfer to india

Ah, I didn't make that very clear...I was bemoaning the Indian call centre my credit card company uses. :)

Do they have a merchant account? If not, why not pay via PayPal, Nochex or something similar?

Unfortunately not. That was my first thought too.

Ah, I didn't make that very clear...I was bemoaning the Indian call centre my credit card company uses. :)

Unfortunately not. That was my first thought too.

Think it's the PP route then; at least you get chargeback cover and probably a lower % than cash transaction (check the amounts/rates though - there are cheaper options than PP)

They don't have anything like that, which is why I'm going for the credit card directly as a last resort.

Edit: As there seems to be no way round it, I had to bite the bullet and just get the cash out and put up with the extortionate percentage they'll put on a cash withdrawal. Thanks to everyone who replied though.

They don't have anything like that, which is why I'm going for the credit card directly as a last resort.

Edit: As there seems to be no way round it, I had to bite the bullet and just get the cash out and put up with the extortionate percentage they'll put on a cash withdrawal. Thanks to everyone who replied though.

Surely they have an email address? You don't need funds to pay them by PP, just by pay by your CC for an Instant Payment.

Oops, sorry - just realised you've paid, cancel my last - oh well, least you know for next time :D

Archived