BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Ex-rover Dies Peter Morris Aged 50

My wife works in Bolton with a lady who is the sister-in-law to an ex-young Rover Peter Morris. He went to the doctors last week complaining of something,doc prescribes anti-biotics, he goes away, continues to feel unwell, calls for an ambulance and sadly passed away at the young age of 50. Possible cause of death is thought to be an annorism though they are waiting for the final results.

So, so sad for Peter and his family they are all in shock as he was an healthy man who kept himself fit. I dont remember Peter playing for Rovers but a friend tells me he only played a couple of games left wing we think but then he broke either his ankle or his leg and left for another club shortly afterwards.

My wife works in Bolton with a lady who is the sister-in-law to an ex-young Rover Peter Morris. He went to the doctors last week complaining of something,doc prescribes anti-biotics, he goes away, continues to feel unwell, calls for an ambulance and sadly passed away at the young age of 50. Possible cause of death is thought to be an annorism though they are waiting for the final results.

So, so sad for Peter and his family they are all in shock as he was an healthy man who kept himself fit. I dont remember Peter playing for Rovers but a friend tells me he only played a couple of games left wing we think but then he broke either his ankle or his leg and left for another club shortly afterwards.

Blonde haired lad who joined Rovers from PNE.

Sad news.

Dont remember him but stats state he played 2 league and 1 cup game plus 2 league 1 cup sub appearances in the 78-79 season.

He came from PNE as a youngster, after winning their POTY, if I remember correctly alan.

Archived