BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Swedish Premier League Defender Linked With Blackburn

English Premier League clubs trailing Sigurdsson

Ragnar Sigurdsson, 22, scored a dreamgoal yesterday and now he hopes for a dream move in the summer. The Icelandic player is being followed by Premier League duo Newcastle United and Blackburn.

He scored in the 84th minute yesterday with a effort from behind the halfway line. "I told Pontus to get out of the way as I saw the goalie was off his line," said the centerback.

The strong center back is not only about strength and a will to win, his technique is also excellent and almost left IFK Gothenborg last summer. Spanish La Liga club Espanyol had an offer for him rejected.

Gotherborg value him at around 2 million pounds.

If he continues his progress this summer a move to the English Premier League could materialize as Newcastle and Blackburn are following him closely. "Right now I am only thinking about IFK Gothenborg but it is no secret that I have a big ambition. I want to play at the highest level. I can see myself moving in the summer."

Link to the story and his Beckam like goal yesterday:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotb...ticle4883344.ab

Archived