BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing

Hi all,

I have recently been given the opportunity to get into the world of boxing promoting, by a very good professional local fighter. Although I do not have an immense knowledge of boxing (although my potential business partner does - my skills lie elsewhere in the arrangement) I am very interested to know what kind of following it has at a local level.

Initial indications are very positive, and I understand that a profesional boxing match has not been staged in Blackburn for over 32 years, and that there is a large and committed following from the area who have travelled to the likes of Oldham, Doncaster and Widnes in recent months to see the Blackburn lads in action.

Apart from Rovers, the town is a bit of a sporting void, I just wanted to canvas opinion really, would anyone pay to see a well organised pro boxing match (series of matches) in the Blackburn area? The idea is to really create a Blackburn boxing brand, much like how Amir Khan is synonymous with Bolton for boxing now.

Cheers,

Paul

Go on then i'll answer you <_<

I watch quite a lot of local and national boxing, due to having a good friend in the professional game and also knowing many other local pro's, and also a promoter. I think Blackburn would benefit from boxing nights definantly, I mean take the Robin Park Arena at Wigan they have been hosting some pretty decent sized fights of late, and have a televised show there this saturday involving John Murray. As far as I know there is one or two decent pro's hailing from Blackburn ?

Thanks guys. We certainly feel there is a large untapped market out there. We have at least 5 very good Blackburn fighters to promote, a couple of which at least fight to an excellent standard. The costs of doing this are high, but so are the rewards, so it is useful to have feedback. :D

As I said in my earlier post, we are trying to create a real local "brand" with these lads and also want to give the town something to be proud of. We also only want to do it if it is to a very high standard - at least as good as what is being put on in other towns if not better.

Watch this space...

Thanks guys. We certainly feel there is a large untapped market out there. We have at least 5 very good Blackburn fighters to promote, a couple of which at least fight to an excellent standard. The costs of doing this are high, but so are the rewards, so it is useful to have feedback. :D

As I said in my earlier post, we are trying to create a real local "brand" with these lads and also want to give the town something to be proud of. We also only want to do it if it is to a very high standard - at least as good as what is being put on in other towns if not better.

Watch this space...

If Colne can do it mate then im sure you won't have a prob in Blackburn

Archived