BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ps3 Internet Problem

Hope you can help!

Moved house and got sky wireless in - playstation worked on this previously at old house, no problems.

Set it all up and worked fine however the apple mac computer was not connecting. Router was plugged into computer, playstation working wirelessly.

Girlfriends brother in law cam over in my absence and got the apple mac connected but now the playstation will not connect - comes up after putting the WAP key in that I need to check security settings of router, have checked and the key I am entering has not been changed (went online to router settings) and have tried various things such as resetting router, typing the IP address manually into ps3 etc.

Any suggestions would be helpful, now missing out on vital online play!!!

Cheers

how did you get on with this? managed to get it fixed?

I haven't, even switched the router security off completely and then tried it but no joy, i know the router is working okay because it did work before it was hooked up to the apple mac. I know you can put the device name and ISP of the PS3 into the router settings, is that worth a try? so that it recognises it?? Usually it just picks it up, enter the key and worked fine

I haven't, even switched the router security off completely and then tried it but no joy, i know the router is working okay because it did work before it was hooked up to the apple mac. I know you can put the device name and ISP of the PS3 into the router settings, is that worth a try? so that it recognises it?? Usually it just picks it up, enter the key and worked fine

okay seeing as you have eliminated the router try reseting your ps3 back to defaults, turn your playstation and hold the power button in (in the console itself) untill it makes 3 beeps. on the screen you get click on the option for reset to defaults, press X and then try and connect

NOTE: you will have to enter your psn account details again and reactivate your dlc (to reactivate go onto the ps store and click view downloads, set it to download the dlc again, once it changes from activating to downloading cancel the download)

okay seeing as you have eliminated the router try reseting your ps3 back to defaults, turn your playstation and hold the power button in (in the console itself) untill it makes 3 beeps. on the screen you get click on the option for reset to defaults, press X and then try and connect

NOTE: you will have to enter your psn account details again and reactivate your dlc (to reactivate go onto the ps store and click view downloads, set it to download the dlc again, once it changes from activating to downloading cancel the download)

Cheers, will give all of that a shot - providing I do it right will let you know how I get on!!!

I reset to default settings but same problem, knows the router is there but not connecting once I put the key in, even removed the router security settings to none and tried but again wasn't playing ball :(

try hard wiring it for now (ehternet cable) see if that connects. also are you using the auto/easy setup or the custom setup? and are other devices connected to the router? what router is it? (so i can do some troubleshooting)

try hard wiring it for now (ehternet cable) see if that connects. also are you using the auto/easy setup or the custom setup? and are other devices connected to the router? what router is it? (so i can do some troubleshooting)

I have the same problem as Robertson, the ps3 won't connect wirelessly but it does work when I connect the ps3 to the router with an ethernet cable.

I tried changing the level of security but nothing worked. I have a netgear router.

I have the same problem as Robertson, the ps3 won't connect wirelessly but it does work when I connect the ps3 to the router with an ethernet cable.

I tried changing the level of security but nothing worked. I have a netgear router.

after a quick google search iv found you need to be running firmware 4.01.35_uk on your router, or set a static ip address for the ps3

after a quick google search iv found you need to be running firmware 4.01.35_uk on your router, or set a static ip address for the ps3

It is the standard router you get with sky, netgear. How do I run the firmware on it? to set the IP address is that when you set the ps3 wireless up manually and enter an IP address?

It is the standard router you get with sky, netgear. How do I run the firmware on it? to set the IP address is that when you set the ps3 wireless up manually and enter an IP address?

you need to log on to the routers contol pannel and find the option to update firmware (you should be able to find info from google)

to assign a static ip you need to set the ps3's internet setting manually, but you also need to assign the ip address via your routers contol pannel..

Note: to access your routers control pannel type your ip address into the address bar on to of ie/firefox/chrome

Archived