BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ps3 Wont Read Discs

• Backroom

Ok so I was playing Uncharted 2 when the game froze, now the ps3 wont read any discs at all. Its a 40gig one had it about 20 months so no warranty.

Is it a goner?

I aint paying sony £120 or whatever it is for a refurbished one so I'm not sure what to do now :S

Ok so I was playing Uncharted 2 when the game froze, now the ps3 wont read any discs at all. Its a 40gig one had it about 20 months so no warranty.

Is it a goner?

I aint paying sony £120 or whatever it is for a refurbished one so I'm not sure what to do now :S

it MIGHT be a corrupt driver, the only fix there is, is to fully restore your ps3. to do this boot up your ps3, then press and hold the power button till it does several beeps, on the screen you are prompet with choose full restore. make sure your back it up. but i warn you now it doesnt always fix the problem. or you cound ring sony and see what they say.

if they say you have to pay for it you can go down the route of the consumer right act, anything electronic that cost over £100 (might be £200) should work 100% for atleast 5 years (anything from a toaster to a tv). a few people have managed to get a refub free by doing that.

Archived