BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Laptop Help

Ok so I have decided its time to get myself a new laptop. I dont want to spend a crazy amount (like a mac-book) so I wanted to know what people think about this or similar alternatives?!

Iv seen a Sony vaio 15.4-in NW laptop on Very's website - Costing me £364 (£500 on website)

The only info it gives on the site is - Intel Pentium T4300 Processor. 3GB RAM. 320GB Hard Drive. Web cam. DVD Supermulti. Windows 7 Home Premium. Silver

Now I want a laptop with Windows 7 (As Vista is pants), it needs to have the spaced out keys like the Vaio and I use it mainly for Football Manager 2010, Downloading, saving my pictures, internet & itunes etc....

Whats this deal like? Also what is the alternatives that people may of spotted?!

Ok so I have decided its time to get myself a new laptop. I dont want to spend a crazy amount (like a mac-book) so I wanted to know what people think about this or similar alternatives?!

Iv seen a Sony vaio 15.4-in NW laptop on Very's website - Costing me £364 (£500 on website)

The only info it gives on the site is - Intel Pentium T4300 Processor. 3GB RAM. 320GB Hard Drive. Web cam. DVD Supermulti. Windows 7 Home Premium. Silver

Now I want a laptop with Windows 7 (As Vista is pants), it needs to have the spaced out keys like the Vaio and I use it mainly for Football Manager 2010, Downloading, saving my pictures, internet & itunes etc....

Whats this deal like? Also what is the alternatives that people may of spotted?!

looking at FM10 min req it should be fine for all your needs listed, BUT it may not doe to the graphics chipset, a good idea is to look on the net to see what laptops will work for your needs

I doubt you'd have many problems playing Football Manager, I can play football manager 2009 on mine and its nowhere near as good as that laptop, unless they've massively improved the graphics on the new one. Sounds like a good deal, mine's 4yrs old with 512mb RAM, 60GB hard drive and only 1.6Ghz and I use it for the same things really, although I don't play football manager anymore, frustrates the hell outta me!

Seems like a very good price for a Vaio. Spec seems decent enough, 3GB should be more than enough for normal web and word processing usage etc.

Have a look at the price of similar spec laptops on PC World and Dell to see how cheap it is.

Ordered it

It was £500 but I got 20% off and also get 9% cash back - making the total cost £364....good deal I think

Anyone want 20% off at Very.co.uk - use the discount code xx959 - but be quick to use it

Archived