BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gavin Gunning

rebelzero

since I haven't seen this show up yet...

Gunning to go out on loan? (from BBC Sport)

Motherwell and Aberdeen are interested in signing Republic of Ireland Under-21 international defender Gavin Gunning on loan from Blackburn Rovers.

Gunning spent the second half of last season at Fir Park after similar loan spells at Bury, Tranmere and Rotherham.

He collected a Scottish Cup runners-up medal at the end of the campaign as Motherwell lost to Celtic.

Both clubs want the 20-year-old for the season but any deal would more likely be six months to begin with.

The Dublin-born player started 15 matches for Stuart McCall's side last season and was brought to the club to give the manager greater options in central defence and at left-back.

this guy has been out on loan now for the last couple of season's, he has learnt his trade well, only to discover that when returning to training a 20 year old player by the name of myles anderson who played 20 mins for aberdeen is ahead of him in the pecking order. shocking.

i rate gunning, seen him a lot in the reserves. accomplished left back and centre half.

cannot understand the logic in loaning him to the spl! he could do a fine job in the championship.

Are we sure he is actually going out on loan?

i rate gunning, seen him a lot in the reserves. accomplished left back and centre half.

cannot understand the logic in loaning him to the spl! he could do a fine job in the championship.

What, when we have Myles Anderson???

Seriously, my scottish mate rates Gunning, looks like a good prospect and gained loads of experience last year, surely a better bet than Anderson, I bet no one takes him on loan, not even Aberdeen as a bench warmer.

I've seen Gunning play on a number of occasions for the Ireland u21s. A committed if unspectacular player who has great energy and is not afraid of a challenge. With 14 games for Motherwell last year, some more first team action this year can only aid his development. It will be interesting to see how he progresses...

i don't think I've ever seen him play but I'm sure if he was good enough to play for the first team, he'd have had a sniff by now.

in fact had he not been on loan, he would have played against chelsea couple of years back, instead jones was called upon and the rest is history.

Archived