BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shoot!

I was just browsing through some football websites when I came upon this interesting table. Imagine if you put the Big 4 leagues together - Bundesliga, Premiership, La Liga, Serie A - and then ranked all the teams by the number of shots they had per match. That's 78 teams. Imagine you only had a relegation zone for the very bottom three. If you have imagined that, now put our beloved Rovers in there.

Last year, in the four big leagues, only Wolves and Birmingham had less shots per game than Rovers. Not only were were poor creatively in the Prem, but we were absolutely awful compared to all the other big leagues.

Hence, we hit the nail on the head with what our real problem is. We don't create anywhere near enough chances and haven't for a while. I don't know whether this get better or worse under Kean but, remember our glorious 3 month plus non-winning streak, it could hardly have got much better.

Therefore, where will the creativity come from this season? Are we right to be pinning our hopes on Mauro Formica, owner of zero Prem starts, or Rochina with few more? What if Hoilett gets injured?

The question should be...will Kean be able to improve this in the coming season, and if so, which players need to be stepping up to the plate?

Shots and Goals In the Big 4: Offensive Performance Across Leagues in 2010/11

Yes, but if we read the entire article, we are average or slightly above average for our on target shooting through we are below average on our goals per match. So in the areas it counts (goals per match) we are not bottom of the barrel but we do need to improve.

Oh, by the way, this topic is not to be confused with the 80s footy magazine Shoot!, which was not as good as Match nor in the same league as Roy of the Rovers (out every Saturday morning, 30p an issue), but had more photos.

I thought you were posting a link for a casting agency involved in a musical based on the career of Paul Ince.

I thought you were posting a link for a casting agency involved in a musical based on the career of Paul Ince.

I reckon you are thinking of Little Shop of Horrors starring Julie (Keith) Andrews and Pauline (Robbie) Fowler and directed by Ray Matias. Well, it was a bloody horrible shopping spree that saw us end up with those!

Archived