BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Netbooks

Hi all, i was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on netbooks. I am thinking of purchasing one and was hoping someone who already owns one could point me in the right direction as to what features etc to look out for. I am looking for one in approximately the £250 range.

Thanks in advance.

Another thing I was wondering was if anyone with a netbook bought an external dvd drive seeing as they dont come with one.

We got a few Eee netbooks at work for peanuts a year or two back. Great for when you want something smaller and lighter than a laptop and won't miss the extra screen size.

Ours are really really low spec, but as all they are used for is a glorified web browser, they cope just fine.

Thanks for the advice, but would you suggest that Hughesy even if i would only be using it for office work and web browsing?

It depends how infuriating you find the small screen. I can use it for web browsing, but trying to do development on it is painful, not because it's not powerful enough, but because there just enough enough screen real estate to get everything I want visible at the same time.

Archived