BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arbitro

arbitro

Hello all,

I'm a Darrener (although not by birth) and as a fifty something now I have followed Rovers for the majority of that time. I was a referee for many years and officiated (before I retired in 2006) at all but six of the then 92 Premier and Football League grounds. On Saturdays and mid-weeks when I didn't have a game I watched the Rovers with an embarrassing lack of control when a decision went against us. I have had a season ticket for many years, 'lending' it to friends and family when I couldn't go due to refereeing committments. I once refereed Burnley in a league match with my season ticket in my pocket, not quite in Simon Garners (allegedly) league though.

I have two kids (now adults) and how I juggled all these at once makes me shudder now. I recently became a grandfather and when I am with my beautiful little grandaughter I can forget about Rovers current plight and almost become normal again. However the anger soon returns when I think about our owners or the imposter.

I have worked for the same company for 32 years now in a purchasing role.

• Like 4