BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SWTOR

Played it quite a bit today and so far im loving it, it feels like wow but a bit sharper the story lines are great so far but the choice of characters feel a bit bland, I beleive they get better as you progress with your talents shaping your character in a certain direction.

I had to play it in low quality for the best results, if I notch it up it gets a bit laggy.

I have an intel quad core 2.4ghz

4 gig of ram

1 TB hard drive

ATI radeon HD 4800 series.

The pc is a few years old and to play the faster FPS games it would struggle but it can run this well enough.

I would say if you like MMORPG's and your PC will run it then you really want to give this a shot, a lot of people who I have played with today are all loving it.

Your pc spec is fine, graphics card lets it down though really

I don't play many games on pc anymore but I'm gonna build myself a new one this year, I like to keep them up to spec just incase I do decide to play something that needs a bit more humf, just out of curiosity my MB let's me link 2 GC together, is it worth linking another or are they that outdated?

Pesonally never see the need for two GS.

Aside from the I7 I dont see how you can get much faster tbh, new GFX needed though

What GFX card would you suggest? It's been some time since I last built a PC and I'm a bit rusty with what would be compatible with the rest of my spec and would be an upgrade.

Checked to see if I could run it on this site, my CPU falls a bit short of the mark. I too plan to build a new PC myself this year, I made the mistake of buying a DELL last time so I can't upgrade it.

I heard the game world is completely instanced, how well/badly does this work?, it was the one thing that put me off Guild Wars so I'm a little disappointed to find this out.

Checked to see if I could run it on this site, my CPU falls a bit short of the mark. I too plan to build a new PC myself this year, I made the mistake of buying a DELL last time so I can't upgrade it.

I heard the game world is completely instanced, how well/badly does this work?, it was the one thing that put me off Guild Wars so I'm a little disappointed to find this out.

Well I have played a jedi up to lvl 10 and it's all pretty much open so far, I have joined a few people for a few tough quests and there are loads of people running around, however it now seems that I have to move to a new area via a space cruiser, 1-10 may well be a starter zone in which you are all together, I will know more after when I get a bit of spare time to play it and i'll keep you posted.

Well I have played a jedi up to lvl 10 and it's all pretty much open so far, I have joined a few people for a few tough quests and there are loads of people running around, however it now seems that I have to move to a new area via a space cruiser, 1-10 may well be a starter zone in which you are all together, I will know more after when I get a bit of spare time to play it and i'll keep you posted.

Thanks mate, would be much appreciated, may come and join you in a few months once I've updated my pc.

• 3 weeks later...

Have'nt had chance to play it much since I got it, managed to get a few chars to lvl 15 and 16 in the second area of the game and it's still very good, the questlines and gameplay are still very sleek and get a bit better as you get higher lvl, as for the lvling and being in an instance like you mentioned it's not really like guild wars, there are plenty of people running around to quest with but there does seem to be a second instance running at the same time, I joined somebody to do a heroic quest, and got to the starting point only not to find them there, they told me to switch instances which is pretty simple to do do and hey presto they appeared which was weird.

You can pretty much solo in PVE and dont really need to join anybody unless you want to do the heroic quest which will give you better armor and weapons, you dont really need to do these as there are plenty of drops you and your companion can use, only done 1 Flashpoint (dungeon) so far and was pretty good, i'm noticing now the heroic quests are becoming like flashpoints learning people how to play their class and what mixture of classes are best.

PVP is really good fun, probably because I have'nt a clue what the hell is going on but I actually scored in the huttball game whilst getting hammered by lvl 50s, the PVP system is bolstered so your stats all match up to lvl 50 classes but obviously they have more spells and can kill you pretty easy, I hear they are changing this soon to lvl brackets because of the volume of players.

The only one downfall is the running around, I seem to spend half my time traveling from one place to the next, I think in a few lvl's I get my own ship to travel from world to world and at 25 I get a mount to fly me around places on the world im on.

Also I think they need to do a bit of work on classes, they have a very samey feel to the ranged ones and the melee ones are'nt massively different either, all in all though It's been a very good release and very smooth so far.

Sounds good, am still waiting on Guild Wars 2 before I commit to another MMORPG they are taking the world instancing part away from the game and it's still going to be subscription free so could be tempted by that. Will either be this or GW2 though.

Sounds good, am still waiting on Guild Wars 2 before I commit to another MMORPG they are taking the world instancing part away from the game and it's still going to be subscription free so could be tempted by that. Will either be this or GW2 though.

I will probably give guild wars 2 a crack too, I liked the first one but the instance thing was annoying.

Archived