BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] India national side

I have to agree with maps on this. We have to anticipate the spin that cueball and dickface will put on the story - a bunch of Rovers fans protesting against a bunch of Indian blokes. It would be better if we could be seen to be welcoming the India side whilst still protesting Venkys.

While we're still being criticised from all sides we need to be a bit more cute in dealing with this sort of thing.

I have to agree with maps on this. We have to anticipate the spin that cueball and dickface will put on the story - a bunch of Rovers fans protesting against a bunch of Indian blokes. It would be better if we could be seen to be welcoming the India side whilst still protesting Venkys.

While we're still being criticised from all sides we need to be a bit more cute in dealing with this sort of thing.

Exactly. We need Indian players wearing Kean Out, Venkys Out T-shirts!

Seconded. When England field a national side at cricket, hockey (not sure if we have sent any others) in India they get applauded and cheered if they perform well. In my experience Indians are very polite in their dealings with foreigners and the vast majority of Indians would be shocked and appalled by a protest taking place involving any team representing their country - tours of Pakistan excepted when it's all-out war from both sides. They would conclude that the protesters were ill-mannered and inhospitable hosts - bad karma all round!

Don't forget, Venky's will probably call the shots on what gets shown on Indian TV - where they will be heavy advertisers. There must be a way to get the spotlight on the disastrous situation at Rovers without insulting the Indian team. It needs thinking about to avoid creating a massive media own goal.

Archived