BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] India national side

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120109/jsp/sports/story_14981435.jsp

So it look like we might be letting the Indian national side use Ewood park in Feb as a training camp with practice matches.

Great idea.....that's all we need our pitch being over used during a time when we may need to start winning our home games to survive.

Anyone for a protest when they arrive?

It will most likely be the brockhole facilities they use

Not sure about that when the opening paragraph says

New Delhi: For the first time, the Indian national football team is set to have access to an English Premier League (EPL) facility, courtesy an offer from Blackburn Rovers to practise at their home ground in Lancashire.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120109/jsp/sports/story_14981435.jsp

So it look like we might be letting the Indian national side use Ewood park in Feb as a training camp with practice matches.

Great idea.....that's all we need our pitch being over used during a time when we may need to start winning our home games to survive.

Anyone for a protest when they arrive?

Why are you going to protest against the indian national team using Blackburn Rovers ground etc????

Why on earth does it matter that much?

This doesn't affect our relegation scrap, but it could be a platform to actually gain some more media coverage of the protests in India.

Negative publicity isn't welcome, yet it could be an excellent platform to gain some positive publicity in India for the Rao family if they were to change the management and put some money into the Rovers. I wonder if they are media-savvy enough to realise that?

Exactly what i was thinking and exactly why they will not come .... its just a PR stunt

The venkys will definately be there if the Indian side are there. They will be milking the P.R. from Indian telly. Protesters dream...quiet time at ewood with no P.A to drown out the protesters noise....

You know what they say. Any publicity is good publicity..

What I want to know is which geniuses at Venkys have been working overtime, putting time, effort and resources into this...while in the meantime, the club itself is rooted on the bottom the league and seems likely to sink - with no inkling of any interest from the owners. Skewed priorities!

I can't see this happening, not as that reporter says anyway. No profesional football team in their right mind trains on their home turf, nevermind, let it to another football team. Surely if the Indian side are comming over they'll be using Brockhall... we don't even use Ewood as a training facility!

Venky's media circus continues, no doubt we'll be linked with Messi tomorrow. When will it end?

Do they show the Championship on TV over there?

Nope

None shown in most of Asia. I know OZ gets a highlights show and I think the odd live game.

All they care about is the Premier League, all due to the early game which is a one Indian TV at 20:45 in China, Hong Kong and Singapore, 19:45 here in Thailand and 18:15 India. Champions League is on WAY to late for all of Asia. Even La Liga is now playing early games but in a division where only 2 teams can win its not the same thing.

Cheers

BKR

Not sure about that when the opening paragraph says

New Delhi: For the first time, the Indian national football team is set to have access to an English Premier League (EPL) facility, courtesy an offer from Blackburn Rovers to practise at their home ground in Lancashire.

I can read. However the article is probably wrong in that they will train at Brockhole

Why are you going to protest against the indian national team using Blackburn Rovers ground etc????

Why on earth does it matter that much?

The only reason the national side would be over here is because of a Venkys publicity stunt, what better time is there to try and embarrass them infront of there national team who are going to have the Indian press with them.

Venkys out!

Archived