BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] help regarding computer specs - genius needed :)

as the title reads, i need a bit of help regarding a computer. My old one broke down and the company, after 45 days of trying to repair it, decided to just offer me a new one. Sadly im not that well educated when it comes to computers and im loooking for someone who is.

a year or so ago, i paid 5300 danish kroner which roughly = 540 pound sterling.

HERE IS A SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE ONE THATS UNFIXABLE:

processor: I5-2500 3,33Ghz / 2x2GB / H67 / HD6870 1024MB / 500GB / DVD-RW / 600w

cpu: Intel Core i5 2500 3.33GHz 6MB

motherboard: Asrock H67M-GE B3 Revision med SATA3 & USB3

ram: 2x4GB (8GB) Kingston 1333Mhz DDR3

grafik card: ATi Radeon HD6870 1024MB GDDR5 Ram

harddisk : Western Digital / Seagate 500GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA3

power supply : Corsair CX Series V2 600W 600CX Builder Series™ 80+

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS SOME SPECS FOR THE ONE IM BEING OFFERED :

CPU: Intel i5 3570K

RAM: 2x4gb 1600 MHz

motherboard: AsRock B75M mATX SATA6 USB

Grafik card: AMD 7850

power supply: Cooler Master GX550w

Harddisk: 1000GB / 1TB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just want to make sure that A) the new one they offered is an improvement and B.) That the 540 pounds i used on the old one, is what the new one im being offered is worth, when you consider the prices in todays market.

hopefully someone can help .?

At a quick glance it looks good to me and I would suggest a good price for what you got originally. It looks like everything in the new PC is an improvement on the old one so no issues there.

costs wise, current prices at scan

i5 3750k - £180

AMD 7850 - £185 - £205 (depending on make)

Motherboard - £57 (at amazon)

PSU - £55 (at ebuyer)

1TB HDD - £68

RAM - £42

So that comes to £587 (plus case, keyboard, mouse, O/S, monitor or whatever you originally got with your PC).

I wouldn't worry too much. I wonder why they couldn't fix the the old one though. Can't see all the components failing, it's easy enough to change one part. Very odd.

At a quick glance it looks good to me and I would suggest a good price for what you got originally. It looks like everything in the new PC is an improvement on the old one so no issues there.

costs wise, current prices at scan

i5 3750k - £180

AMD 7850 - £185 - £205 (depending on make)

Motherboard - £57 (at amazon)

PSU - £55 (at ebuyer)

1TB HDD - £68

RAM - £42

So that comes to £587 (plus case, keyboard, mouse, O/S, monitor or whatever you originally got with your PC).

I wouldn't worry too much. I wonder why they couldn't fix the the old one though. Can't see all the components failing, it's easy enough to change one part. Very odd.

thanks alot biddy.

a couple of times, sparks appeared when using the computer, perhaps that ruined some components or they might use the the parts for another machine. The company buys the components and assembles the computer, so they might use the parts that work.

Once again, ill accept their offer then.

Unless you are going to pay £700 for the Highest end Nvidia GTX690 then you don't need over 550W. The next card down (GTX 680) only need 550W and that is £350-£400.

Not to mention his old PSU may well of been a low end brand.

EDIT - Scratch that. didnt see it was a corsair

Archived