BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Disappearance of Ben Needham

Anyone think it's mind-boggling that they're only just excavating the site there after 20 years?

Judging from the case of his disappearance, it seemed far more likely that the poor kid was victim of an accident rather than an abduction.

Anyone think it's mind-boggling that they're only just excavating the site there after 20 years?

Judging from the case of his disappearance, it seemed far more likely that the poor kid was victim of an accident rather than an abduction.

I think the poor kid was most likely a victim of poor guardianship. It took about five or six hours for them to confirm that he wasn't in the care of any of the family members before they actually raised the alarm. Obviously this was before the mobile phone age (so to speak) and it would be unlikely to happen these days. It is also documented that the toddler had previously been out and about as a passenger on a moped with his 17 year old uncle - yes it is judgemental but they don't sound all too responsible to me!!!

I think because the British police are finally getting involved in the case that it means that they have had some kind of decent tip-off. Time will tell.

I think the poor kid was most likely a victim of poor guardianship. It took about five or six hours for them to confirm that he wasn't in the care of any of the family members before they actually raised the alarm.

Is that so? I was led to believe it was a 'here one minute, gone the next' disappearance.

It's possible that the family's own guilt over this disappearance is what turned this into an abduction case, when the reality could be closer to home (quite literally).

Ben Needham's mum tells of fresh hope after digging search

Part of me wishes they had found the boy's remains there so that his mother can be put out of her misery. In all probability, Ben is long dead and the family need that closure. However, his mother has remained adamant throughout that he is still alive through nothing but hope. It's the hope that kills you.

Archived