BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DVLA ..Lesson Learnt And Warning

If you sell a car/bike send the legal stuff by recorded delivery. If you dont and the idiots between the post box and dvla lose it then if the scrote who you sell it to doesnt insure it then its you who gets fined.

Not a massive fine at first but it rises to 1000. Noone will talk to you and any appeal that gets sent in comes back with a bog standerd pay the fine or else letter .

LESSON LEARNT.

I would have tried to fight it either way.

Under the interpretatiuons act, anything you put in the post is deemed to have been delivered. The onus is on the DVLA to prove that you haven't sent the document rather than the onus being on you to prove you have.

Tell them you sent the document, you will see them in court and quote the act. I've just searched and seen others that have had it quashed that way.

That's amazing, Abs, whilst I have to see the buyers licence (which has a photo and address on it) all I have to do is log on, provide the buyers details, the amount they paid (they have to pay some stamp duty), and that's it.

Oh, apart from removing the registration number from my e-toll account.

I would have tried to fight it either way.

Under the interpretatiuons act, anything you put in the post is deemed to have been delivered. The onus is on the DVLA to prove that you haven't sent the document rather than the onus being on you to prove you have.

Tell them you sent the document, you will see them in court and quote the act. I've just searched and seen others that have had it quashed that way.

Not sure that is correct Biddy. I was summonsed for failing to produce my documents following a speeding offence. The speeding thing got delayed somehow and fell outside the six month period for prosecution. My summons related to documents not speeding.

I defended myself arguing there was no proof the letter requesting documents was posted or delivered. I admitted I had been caught doing 33 mph but that was not the argument. While the bench was out to deliberate the prosecutor told me the police always lose these cases. Apparently Lancashire won't pay for Recorded Delivery

Not sure that is correct Biddy. I was summonsed for failing to produce my documents following a speeding offence. The speeding thing got delayed somehow and fell outside the six month period for prosecution. My summons related to documents not speeding.

I defended myself arguing there was no proof the letter requesting documents was posted or delivered. I admitted I had been caught doing 33 mph but that was not the argument. While the bench was out to deliberate the prosecutor told me the police always lose these cases. Apparently Lancashire won't pay for Recorded Delivery

Well done to you. Worst bit about the whole thing is the bullying threat that the entire process carries. If you know that you are within your rights stand up to them and most of the time you will win. Like all bullies lots of their threats are empty.

Archived