BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall vs Rovers 29th March 3pm

Can only disagree with you both fervently. Was a mystifying decision, he was clearly our only player with any class, capable of making a breakthrough or retaining possession. He was a little tired but nothing worth bringing him off, especially against them. We all know he gets a bit tired after an hour, but against the Dingles he will always find that extra, like his injury time equaliser last year. Taking him off was the moment we lost.

He was hands on knees looking at the bench and I said to my lad he is gonna spew.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion the ref guessed at two major incidents. There was no clear foul for either and the red card was bizarre. In the hypothetical situation that it's not rescinded, the ref should be promoted to the Premier League and given a mention for the World Cup, as he's one of the best around.

He was hands on knees looking at the bench and I said to my lad he is gonna spew.

Can't say I spotted that, but if you did fair enough. Probably looking to the bench worrying they'd spot him doing that and take him off though. I've no doubt he wanted to stay on. Personally I've played many games where there were times I had my hands on my knees and had to stop to catch breath...and then went on to have a barnstorming match. Sometimes you need to stop for breath whilst the play isn't near you, if your stamina is questionable. The rest is just willpower and desire which he has in spades. I maintain he should have been kept on. I know that stopping for a breather isn't good at this level, but his other attributes more than compensate in a game like that.

Archived