BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans like me

In the darkest of dark days, back to 1971 when Rovers were in the bottom half dozen or so of the old 3rd Division, we had a hard core fan base of probably around the 3 to 4 thousand mark. I was one of them.

What the number is now I really have no idea and I guess we wouldn't really find out unless we were hovering around the bottom of the equivalent division now (1st Division).

Almost every football club in the country will see its attendances ebb and flow with the success and entertainment, or otherwise, on the field of play.

It's insulting for some posters on here to refer to some fans as 'glory hunters' or 'fair weather fans'. Every single individual has a right to decide how they spend their time and how they spend their money. To slate individuals who 'turn their back on the club when the going gets tough' is ritualistic nonsense and those individuals need to get a proper sense of perspective and perhaps even a proper life.

Football is in the entertainment business hence the £billions pumped in through TV. The best survive and thrive whilst the weak will struggle, wither and possibly die.

Until the Raos turned up in town and, IMV, destroyed the club with their crass, incompetent, and metaphorically criminal management, I never thought that I could become so detached from a club that I had followed home and away for well nigh 50 years. Sadly, I think the damage done may well be irreversible and I respect those who will stick with Rovers right through to the bitter end, however, I would never condemn those who choose to walk away as it is their individual right and choice. Loyalty is key in any business and sadly, Rovers have forfeited the 'loyalty franchise' and ultimately will reap the ills that they have sown.

It's insulting for some posters on here to refer to some fans as 'glory hunters' or 'fair weather fans'.

It's equally insulting for others to be tagged as 'Rovers Fans' and 'bowyerettes' - and you're one of the worst offenders for that.

Archived