BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Where are they now?

• Backroom

I’ll admit I started looking for the old ‘Where are they now?’ Thread to discuss Phil Jones as I just remembered he existed and I’m not sure if he’s formally retired but likely is done after just 200 career matches, what a waste!

Anyway I thought given its transfer silly season it may be fun to look back at some of our more random signings that came and went over the last few years and see what they went on to, and did we miss any gems?

Alex Marrow - so good we signed him twice! But shockingly after his second stint at Rovers in 2013 his future was a slide back down the EFL pyramid, his Wikipedia ends abruptly but last seen at Fylde I believe 

Doneil Henry - better than Thierry? No as it turns out, loaned from West Ham in 2015 before he got injured and then we loaned him again the year after. Seems after his return to West Ham he spent time with the mighty AC Horsens before he was released and then spent the next few years in the MLS but has been without a club since January last year 

Bangali Fode Koita - look I was always going to include this guy. I remember watching him in an early round league cup game and I’ve never been so excited to see someone hit the post with a piledriver, it was all downhill from there sadly! Seems he had moderate success after leaving us playing for Trabzonspor and Kasimpasa in Turkey, he also got a cap for his native Guinea against Benin it would appear.

Martin Samuelsen - this kid had potential he’d shone on loan previously at Peterborough and had something about him and I thought he’d go on to do well but another it just never worked out for, a few more loads to Peterborough and Burton Albion along with lower league teams on the continent but was released from West Ham in 2020, joined Hull where he didn’t do much before moving back to Norway.

Tommie Hoban - a sad tale as this lad looked a solid centre halve at our level, plagued with injuries and retired very early in his career but recently joined a non league side to get playing again 

Rekeem Harper - brought in on loan from West Brom in 2017 most remembered for giving a penalty away in an FA cup game along with a red card, another with a host of loans, joined Burton Albion and played 27 games in league one last season so may end up a reasonable Lower league player

Karim Rekic - look one of the random loans had to be a winner right? After his less than memorable loan here in 2013 he enjoyed permanent spells at Marseille, Hertha and Sevilla where he won the europa league, he also got 4 caps for the Netherlands before retiring to the UAE league 

Antonis Stergiakis - young keeper; seem to remember he made his debut in the final game of a season and we were slightly sad he left, he went to Panetolikos in Greece where he has apparently made 3 appearances and is currently better than both Aynsley and Leo!

We’ve brought in some fun ones for sure (stayed tuned in a few years for dynamic updates on Billy K and Deyo Zeefuik)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I’ll admit I started looking for the old ‘Where are they now?’ Thread to discuss Phil Jones as I just remembered he existed and I’m not sure if he’s formally retired but likely is done after just 200 career matches, what a waste!

Anyway I thought given its transfer silly season it may be fun to look back at some of our more random signings that came and went over the last few years and see what they went on to, and did we miss any gems?

Alex Marrow - so good we signed him twice! But shockingly after his second stint at Rovers in 2013 his future was a slide back down the EFL pyramid, his Wikipedia ends abruptly but last seen at Fylde I believe 

Doneil Henry - better than Thierry? No as it turns out, loaned from West Ham in 2015 before he got injured and then we loaned him again the year after. Seems after his return to West Ham he spent time with the mighty AC Horsens before he was released and then spent the next few years in the MLS but has been without a club since January last year 

Bangali Fode Koita - look I was always going to include this guy. I remember watching him in an early round league cup game and I’ve never been so excited to see someone hit the post with a piledriver, it was all downhill from there sadly! Seems he had moderate success after leaving us playing for Trabzonspor and Kasimpasa in Turkey, he also got a cap for his native Guinea against Benin it would appear.

Martin Samuelsen - this kid had potential he’d shone on loan previously at Peterborough and had something about him and I thought he’d go on to do well but another it just never worked out for, a few more loads to Peterborough and Burton Albion along with lower league teams on the continent but was released from West Ham in 2020, joined Hull where he didn’t do much before moving back to Norway.

Tommie Hoban - a sad tale as this lad looked a solid centre halve at our level, plagued with injuries and retired very early in his career but recently joined a non league side to get playing again 

Rekeem Harper - brought in on loan from West Brom in 2017 most remembered for giving a penalty away in an FA cup game along with a red card, another with a host of loans, joined Burton Albion and played 27 games in league one last season so may end up a reasonable Lower league player

Karim Rekic - look one of the random loans had to be a winner right? After his less than memorable loan here in 2013 he enjoyed permanent spells at Marseille, Hertha and Sevilla where he won the europa league, he also got 4 caps for the Netherlands before retiring to the UAE league 

Antonis Stergiakis - young keeper; seem to remember he made his debut in the final game of a season and we were slightly sad he left, he went to Panetolikos in Greece where he has apparently made 3 appearances and is currently better than both Aynsley and Leo!

We’ve brought in some fun ones for sure (stayed tuned in a few years for dynamic updates on Billy K and Deyo Zeefuik)

Don’t forget Myles…