BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'fans On Board' & 'no Money For Venkys' (Nmfv)

Neal

Hi Chaps

Been away on holiday so missed a lot of what has gone on, fair to say its shoking but unsurprising.

Before I went away I was thinking of a couple of ideas but thought it would be best to ask you all what you think. The term 'Boycott' certainly has split fans opinions also it doesnt really have any specific relevance to what is happening Blackburn Rovers. With this in mind and for those refusing to attend home games, buy shirts, food & drink on match days... What about giving it an official name? The Blackpool fans have 'Not A Penny More' (NAPM) and having spoken to them about how this is going, it appears to be working for them. After looking at the examples set by other fans I have come up with 'No Money For Venkys' (#NMFV). I think giving the this approach a title, which also names them would be a positive thing and increases pressure. Perhaps this may give something that the fans could unite behind and would paint a better picture of the stance of our fans against the owners to outsiders... Currently press and other fans just see empty seats and a lack of support for the team but under the 'No Money For Venkys' #NMFV it may make the message a little clearer.

'Fans On Board'. It's my belief and the belief of a majority of football fans that fan representation at board room level is key to ensuring the futures of our clubs and communities. Instead of pointing the finger at the F.A. Perhaps a different approach of telling them exactly what WE want as football fans and Blackburn Rovers fans would be more constructive? Taking a more holistic approach which includes the interests of other clubs both big and small I feel may also help to elevate our battle against the owners and bring the F.A. Into the spotlight.

It would be pretty simple to push this with supporters groups on social media and spread the word.

What are your thoughts on these two ideas? Making a twitter page etc and starting up hashtags would be a quick and simple process.

No Rupees for Rao's

No Money for Venkys. Quite right. Enough is enough.

They have missed out on three season tickets from my family, two new kits, food and refreshments at half-time, half-time draw money, programme money. Extrapolated across our support base and the losses will be significant.

Hoping some of the fans who continue to attend and contribute can consider a temporary self imposed ban at some stage. An empty stadium will speak volumes.

Archived