BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 'fans On Board' & 'no Money For Venkys' (Nmfv)

Neal

Hi Chaps

Been away on holiday so missed a lot of what has gone on, fair to say its shoking but unsurprising.

Before I went away I was thinking of a couple of ideas but thought it would be best to ask you all what you think. The term 'Boycott' certainly has split fans opinions also it doesnt really have any specific relevance to what is happening Blackburn Rovers. With this in mind and for those refusing to attend home games, buy shirts, food & drink on match days... What about giving it an official name? The Blackpool fans have 'Not A Penny More' (NAPM) and having spoken to them about how this is going, it appears to be working for them. After looking at the examples set by other fans I have come up with 'No Money For Venkys' (#NMFV). I think giving the this approach a title, which also names them would be a positive thing and increases pressure. Perhaps this may give something that the fans could unite behind and would paint a better picture of the stance of our fans against the owners to outsiders... Currently press and other fans just see empty seats and a lack of support for the team but under the 'No Money For Venkys' #NMFV it may make the message a little clearer.

'Fans On Board'. It's my belief and the belief of a majority of football fans that fan representation at board room level is key to ensuring the futures of our clubs and communities. Instead of pointing the finger at the F.A. Perhaps a different approach of telling them exactly what WE want as football fans and Blackburn Rovers fans would be more constructive? Taking a more holistic approach which includes the interests of other clubs both big and small I feel may also help to elevate our battle against the owners and bring the F.A. Into the spotlight.

It would be pretty simple to push this with supporters groups on social media and spread the word.

What are your thoughts on these two ideas? Making a twitter page etc and starting up hashtags would be a quick and simple process.

No money for Venkys is not what we are doing...Neal

We want the feckers out, even if they did come back with more money they would build a monument and a new Cooker for Brockhall.

Venkys and Football do NOT mix.

In a similar way to Blackpool's 'Not A Penny More' it is an statement that they will not hand over their money until they leave... NMFV is exactly the same thing. Myself and many others are staying away until they leave, I'm just attempting to give this approach a title. It IS NOT in an effort to get them to engage or invest, it's designed as a further attempt to turn the heat up on getting them out.

Petitions can be manipulated as false figures,

Why don't we set up a pledge a quid fund.

You can't pledge anything more than a quid and all the money goes to a charity within the town.

However if you had 20,000 pledges that's £20k going to charity and would make big news how its been generated, its literally a Venkys Out petition, but also helps dispel myths that people not attending because we are not premier league.

You may think its a bad idea, but thought i'd throw it out there.

£1 = Venkys out vote?

You can't pledge anything more than a quid and all the money goes to a charity within the town.

However if you had 20,000 pledges that's £20k going to charity and would make big news how its been generated, its literally a Venkys Out petition, but also helps dispel myths that people not attending because we are not premier league.

£1 = Venkys out vote?

Get the just giving page set up and lets get the ball rolling.

£1 = Venkys out vote?

A quid to get rid!

Id be up for that.

• Moderation Lead

£1 = Venkys out vote?

Sounds good. I've also never set one up, but I'd happily add a quid, as I'm sure most would!!

• Backroom

I love this idea of 'a quid to get rid'.

I'm more than happy to set up the JustGiving page.

We need to decide on a charity/cause first.

I will throw an idea out there, I am a manager of a local U10s grassroots team and we are in real need of funds for new training equipment and footballs etc, this money could go a long way to helping local grassroots clubs who really do struggle to keep going with the lack of funding from the FA.

Pretty sure there is another manager of a grassroots team on this forum.. maybe Stuart?

If people think this isn't a good idea I'll still set it up but for the charity of people's preference.

What about the young lad Theo who has rare form of cancer? Anybody living in Blackburn or Darwen will be aware of his plight. He is a Rovers fan.

Likewise the young girl who lost her life - poppy mai - her parents have a charity to raise awareness - again her parents are Rovers fans.

No offence intended to the post above but these are really worthwhile charities with strong local connections.

What about the young lad Theo who has rare form of cancer? Anybody living in Blackburn or Darwen will be aware of his plight. He is a Rovers fan.

Likewise the young girl who lost her life - poppy mai - her parents have a charity to raise awareness - again her parents are Rovers fans.

No offence intended to the post above but these are really worthwhile charities with strong local connections.

No reason why any funds cannot be split to more than 1 charity. Its a really good idea, and no money to Venkys but rather to worthy people who need it.

No reason why any funds cannot be split to more than 1 charity. Its a really good idea, and no money to Venkys but rather to worthy people who need it.

Point taken iceman. Perhaps I worded it a bit harsh. As much as I'm an advocate for local grass roots sport and have been involved in it all my life, the suggestions I mentioned have touched many people in the local area

Point taken iceman. Perhaps I worded it a bit harsh. As much as I'm an advocate for local grass roots sport and have been involved in it all my life, the suggestions I mentioned have touched many people in the local area

Yeh dont take my post the wrong way either. I think this is a great idea, dont support Venkys, and rather get some cash to people who need it, and feel good about your contribution.

Grassroots, Cancer, women and child abuse, poor and needy etc. If enough money, it can be split to give everybody something to work with.

• Backroom

Please could somebody write up a bit of a quick paragraph for the following text box on the Just Giving page...

Tell your supporters your story:

My English isn't the best and I'm sure other people will be able to put our story into words better than myself... then we are good to go and start sharing the crap out of this.

Unable to donate £1 on JustGiving... get rid for 2 quid it is!

Archived