BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 6 A-side Football

Hi all. Just a quick one here. Apologies for the lack of contact, but I've started a new job and don't have any access to the internet until the weekends. So I have to rely on teletext, tabloids and gossip froma few contacts that I know. My time is extremely limited and have only made the one game so far this season and don't expect this to change anytime soon.

I'm making it over for the Liverpool game in a few weeks and was thinking about a possible 6 a-side kick around at the BRIC before the game. We done this last season and the craic was pretty decent and was loking to see if anyone is interested in this. We could work on a two or three team format depending on the numbers. We will only be looking for individuals, as we can arrange teams before the event.

6 A-SIDE KICK ABOUT

blackburn (possibly BRIC)

• Date:

Saturday 3rd November

• Time:

12:00-2:00pm.

Let me know if anyone is really willing to play in this and I can check availability for this.

Just a quick update here.

Have booked one pitch for one hour before the Liverpool match. I haven't received any word from BRIC and the only slot that JJB Soccerdome was an early one. As it stands we can arange a 6 a-side game between Blackburn supporters in England vs Blackburn Supporters in Northern Ireland. I've decided to go for the JJB, so that we can play early and then head off to the Blues Bar for a bite to eat as well as a few drinks. We should have enough for x2 teams, but if w get a few more, then we can work on x3 teams in league basis or indeed take a further pitch if necessary for x4 teams. Details are as follows:-

Date:-

Saturday 3rd November 2007

Time:-

10:45am - 12:00pm

Venue:-

JJB Soccerdome, Blackburn (pitch 4)

Players taking part:-

Northern Ireland:

William Boyland

Lee Brotherston

Jackie Gourley

Simon Gray

Glenn Nixon

Thomas Taylor

England:

Nidge Burton

MattJansen

Modes98

Rick Thornhill

SAS

Tris

Just a quick update here.

Have booked one pitch for one hour before the Liverpool match. I haven't received any word from BRIC and the only slot that JJB Soccerdome was an early one. As it stands we can arange a 6 a-side game between Blackburn supporters in England vs Blackburn Supporters in Northern Ireland. I've decided to go for the JJB, so that we can play early and then head off to the Blues Bar for a bite to eat as well as a few drinks. We should have enough for x2 teams, but if w get a few more, then we can work on x3 teams in league basis or indeed take a further pitch if necessary for x4 teams. Details are as follows:-

Date:-

Saturday 3rd November 2007

Time:-

10:45am - 12:00pm

Venue:-

JJB Soccerdome, Blackburn (pitch 4)

Players taking part:-

Northern Ireland:

William Boyland

Lee Brotherston

Jackie Gourley

Simon Gray

Glenn Nixon

Thomas Taylor

England:

Nidge Burton

MattJansen

Modes98

Rick Thornhill

SAS

Tris

Sounds great, what equipment is needed?? Good to know before i leave Sweden on friday

Sounds great, what equipment is needed?? Good to know before i leave Sweden on friday

Good stuff MJ.

All you will need is playing gear. Football top, shorts, socks, shin pads if you think as well as astroturf trainers or mouldies.

Is anyone else interested?

I am VERY upset!!! :angry2: (if you cant tell by the angry "smiley" guy) When i came over last season i wanted to get a game together and no one could tell me where to go or ANYTHING!!!! I even had my gear and my ball hanging off the back of my footy backpack and i asked a guy "my good man could you be kind enough to point me in the ditrection of the nearest football pitch. Im a yank on vacation and would oh so like to play a game off football on english soil". You know what he told me? Ummm i dont think any one plays american football. Do you mean SOCCER? Oh i was soooo mad. Im sorry i just really wanted to play some football when i was over there. :( <-- thats me being sad cuz i didnt get to play while i was over there *sigh*. Well mabye next time I go over. Hey hope you guys have tons of fun before the pool game. I would play if i could.

You should be able to find it by taxi, at least :)

If I remember correctly, it's situated a bit east of Ewood Park, not too expensive taxi fare from the rail station being the wealthy Swede.

I'll have to hold out for the end of the season-party this season, Groo, looking forward to it already.

We've got some Northern Irish butt to kick.

good stuff groo, cant wait. i think imgonna go postal though after if anyone else is?

Going to Blues after Scott, so won't be at the Postal. Where are you getting the taxi from? We'll be getting 1 or 2 from Woodlands.

Any chance I might be able to get a game if im ther ein time?? Im bringing a Liverpool supporting mate and Im sure he wouldnt mind a game as well.

No problem Ricky. Places available for you and your mate. If you can make the JJB for around 10:30am and send me a wee PM with your number.

You should be able to find it by taxi, at least :)

If I remember correctly, it's situated a bit east of Ewood Park, not too expensive taxi fare from the rail station being the wealthy Swede. I'll have to hold out for the end of the season-party this season, Groo, looking forward to it already.

We've got some Northern Irish butt to kick.

It's very easy to get to as Herby said. Taxi from Ewood would only be around £5-6 max. There will be a taxi leaving from Woodlands Hotel and you can nab a lift with us then. So again PM me with your mobile number and I'll give you a buzz before then. Safe journey over and let me know if you need a ticket for Blues Bar.

Going to Blues after Scott, so won't be at the Postal. Where are you getting the taxi from? We'll be getting 1 or 2 from Woodlands.

No problem Ricky. Places available for you and your mate. If you can make the JJB for around 10:30am and send me a wee PM with your number.

It's very easy to get to as Herby said. Taxi from Ewood would only be around £5-6 max. There will be a taxi leaving from Woodlands Hotel and you can nab a lift with us then. So again PM me with your mobile number and I'll give you a buzz before then. Safe journey over and let me know if you need a ticket for Blues Bar.

Sent you an pm mate.

Archived