BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Of Luck Martin!

Please allow me to indulge myself for this thread.

This Saturday away at Reading marks the final regular match for long term board member, Martin. He's off to start a new job and life in Dubai at the start of April so understandably won't be at too many matches from now on.

Martin's been on the site since 2000 so he's been around a while and I've had the great fortune to know him for most of this time. He's been a long term season ticket holder despite being a student in Scunthorpe and Nottingham for the majority of the period and has certainly clocked in the miles even to home games. He's been to many away matches as well and we've had some great trips - even those with Jordan in tow! I know a good many regular members have also met him over the years.

So I'd just like to wish him (and Lucy when she flys out in September) all the very best for their exciting future.

Keep the spare room ready, matey!

Ed

So I'd just like to wish him (and Lucy when she flys out in September) all the very best for their exciting future.

I'll second that.

Incidentally I was wondering recently where the board member "Modi" had disappeared to - I realise now that Ed (Modi) has in fact changed his username to Beta Ray Bill, which I didn't know before.

Good luck Martin.

Thanks Beta/Modi for your kind words - and the rest of you.

Philipl - the paperwork madness has already started - was in London yesterday, it's not exactly my idea of fun.

I'm sure watching the games live/with delay won't be too difficult once I'm out there. It will probably just mean I spend more time on this site!

Anyone on here lived/living/worked in Dubai/UAE?? Any advice?

The traffic is murderous and you have to be prepared for the Friday/Saturday week-end and know when prayer times are.

Although Dubai has a fantastic Western veneer, you should always remember you are in a country with a different religion and value-set no matter how relaxed it might feel.

Archived