BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole Retires

Celtic away has yet to be bettered for me in terms of our European adventures. We were fantastic that night and played some of the best football I've ever seen a Rovers side play.

Souness lost the plot towards the ends, everyone admits that now, but he was still a great manager for us.

Celtic away has yet to be bettered for me in terms of our European adventures. We were fantastic that night and played some of the best football I've ever seen a Rovers side play.

Souness lost the plot towards the ends, everyone admits that now, but he was still a great manager for us.

Completely agree. What I wouldn't give to go back to the promotion season Souness with that team. The team was exciting, young and skillful. Souness did lose the plot towards the end and was probably within 4 games of getting the boot but no-one can argue that his tenure wasn't successful and genuinely exciting in the first few years at least.

It wont do the misty eyed Souness lovers who use the Worthy Cup as an example to bash Allardyce any harm to be reminded of those days every once in a while.

How about getting us promoted when we were 11th in the Championship and in serious freefall?

Despite Souey seriously losing the plot near the end, as Eddie said, he was a great manager for us.

You cannot begin to compare Allardyce's reign with Souness's.

You cannot begin to compare Allardyce's reign with Souness's.

The only time that can happen is if we win a trophy or 2. Cos then the 'freefall' 'young, exciting players' and 'trophy' boxes will be ticked. The only thing missing is good football, but that will come. You just watch ;)

Archived