BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window?

ABBEY

is it different in Italy ? why can milan still pursue signing Becks? or am I being thick?

Beckham was there on loan when the window shut - it would just become a full-time deal after that.

But it is a very good point as the transfer itself will be different to the original one...

is it different in Italy ? why can milan still pursue signing Becks? or am I being thick?

Glad you asked that becasue i'd asked exactly the same thing. He's not afree agent; his loan spell comes to an end when the Galaxy season starts so how can he get out of a contract there and be allowed to play here in between the close of one window and the opening of another. Then again this is the golden boy and a big club we're talking about so I suppose anything goes.

Milan registered Beckham until the end of the season when the transfer window was open, it was that announcement by the Italian FA that kick-started the whole 'permanent move' rumours.

It's a similar scenario to Carlos, we could have decided to make his transfer a permanent one in November/December (i.e. outside of the window) should we have wished. The reason this is a bit more complicated is because there was no pre-agreed fee for Beckham.

I'm not sure. He's registered with the Italian FA until the end of June, but there is an agreement that he returns to LA Galaxy in March.

I don't know how that bit works really. I believe (although I could be wrong here) that clubs can recall their players from loan outside of transfer windows (assuming the loan contract allows it) - in which case Beckham returning to LA Galaxy would be covered by that rule. If I'm wrong about that then I don't know how it works.

Archived