BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Backing Up Ps3 Hard Drive

I've bought a new 350 gig hard drive for my PS3 and have ordered an external hard drive to enable me to back it up and transfer all my stuff. Apparently the external drive must be formatted in the FAT32 format. Has anyone done this with their machine and has any tips?

Thanks for that Cocker - reassuringly simple as regards the hardware. I've now got a program to enable me to format the external drive when it turns up hopefully this week. I've had the replacement hard drive for weeks now but the first external drive I bought didn't work on any of the computers I tested it on. The worry for me is around the stuff they gloss over, namely the formatting of the external drive to FAT32 and restoring all the back up stuff onto the new drive once it's in! I'm desperate to get this sorted now. I completed Killzone 2 last night but don't have enough hard drive space left to play Infamous!!

I am glad I got a 160GB PS3 as the extra hard-drive space is handy but I am doing well at filling it up and with plans to start putting more music, videos etc on it I think I may end up having to have an upgrade myself. Just a quicky if anyone knows, if I was to delete a saved game would my trophies gained from that save be deleted along with it?! I would hope that you would be able to keep your trophies but dont know whether they are linked in with the game install or not :wacko:

yea the trophies are registerd to your PSN account rather than the machine.

when you change your HDD make sure you download all your DLC (like the maps on COD4) and remembewr you will have to patch it all again

Archived