BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Screen Problems On My Laptop

I've been having problems with my laptop screen so thought I'd ask on here to see ig anyone can help out.

All the colours have gone strange, blacks display as red and there seems to be a red shadow around all images and text. I can still use it but its pretty bad. If i plug in an external display its fine.

laptop is an acer aspire 5630 on XP.

Here's the problem I'm getting. Below is an image and also how it displays on my screen... any ideas??

google-black-homepage.png

6610_139520780774_618640774_3720029_8222060_n.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm bringing this back up again as I'm still having the same probelm and have finally decided to get my butt into gear and sort it.

It has not been solved with a format.

I've read up a bit and some people suggested it could be a motherboard issue but I have plugged it into an external screen and it's fine on there. The problem is only with the LCD screen on the laptop.

I'm just trying to work out what the problem may be. I can get a screen off ebay for around £40 if that's the problem. Could it possibly be the inverter?? I've read about it but not sure what it does and whether it could cause the problem.

Strange that if the laptop gets very cold it seems to work for a few minutes until it warms up.

I'm bringing this back up again as I'm still having the same probelm and have finally decided to get my butt into gear and sort it.

It has not been solved with a format.

I've read up a bit and some people suggested it could be a motherboard issue but I have plugged it into an external screen and it's fine on there. The problem is only with the LCD screen on the laptop.

I'm just trying to work out what the problem may be. I can get a screen off ebay for around £40 if that's the problem. Could it possibly be the inverter?? I've read about it but not sure what it does and whether it could cause the problem.

Strange that if the laptop gets very cold it seems to work for a few minutes until it warms up.

How long have you had this laptop for and has it been roughed up?

There will be a connector for screen to motherboard located under the keyboard, if you can get to it I would disconnect it and reseat it again.

May help, may not.

You my friend are a genius!!

All fixed without costing a penny. I removed the plastic trim at the top of the keyboard and just disconnected the screen and gave the connections a wipe over. Reconnected and it's all working fine for the first time in a good few years.

Archived