BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn - Tottenham

Daremz

Guys,

For the first time in my life I will be visiting Ewood! A dream coming true, and because I'm in a total state of joy, the only thing I could do to share was opening a match topic for the first Ewood-match I'm going to visit: Rovers vs. Spurs. I'll be in the JW-Stand with 3 friends and ofcourse hope we'll win.

Full match-preview from my point of view will follow within the next two weeks.

I'm flying from Amsterdam (I'm from Holland, to clear things up a little) to Liverpool on Friday, December 18th and will stay in some -not too classy- Merseyside Hotel. Won't bother you with the story of my life, let's get to the point.

5 Questions to make my trip a little as good as possible:

1. Going out to a decent club in Liverpool on Friday and Saturday. Where to go?

2. From Liverpool to Ewood Park, best way to get there is probably by train...which train from which Liverpool-station can I pick best? And what's the estimated travel time to Blackburn?

3. Can I bring a flag into the stadium?

4. My Ticket Box Confirmation tells me: Collection: Box office collection point . Where is this? And at which times can I pick up my ticket? I've paid by Credit Card, should I show that? Paid my friends' tickets with the same Credit Card, does that bring problems as the card is not registered on their name?

5. Any advice on a good pub near the stadium, and around which time the people get in there at a matchday?

Some of the questions above could be answered by mailing/phoning BRFC, but I thought maybe some of you experienced visitors could give me a little bit of that extra information...

Thanks in advance, match preview will follow, if not taken by anyone else (and if so, please remove this topic to the right category, excuse me mods, all enthousiasm).

Train times from Liverpool Central on the 19th of December 2009,

Depart times :- 10:10 10:37 11:02 11:05

Arrive :- 12:09 12:46 13:09 13:09

Liverpool Lime Street

Depart times :- 09:57 10:22 10:57 11:22

Arrive :- 11:46 12:09 12:46 13:09

Pubs well you could try The Aqueduct Inn, Ewood Arms, The Moorings i on;y no of the first two and there not bad for a beer before the game.

You can pick up you're tickets at the ticket office under the Blackburn End stand next to the club shop, I'd take your card with you to the window to pcik up you're tickets just in case you need it adn i should think you can pick up your friends tickets to.

As for a flag i guess it would depend on the size of it, and i don't think you can put it over a advertising hording, but I've seen people go in to the ground with flags and they sell them in the club shop so i don't think it would be a problem.

Coming from Liverpool by train,you will need to get a train to Preston from Liverpool Lime Street station, from Preston you can get the express straight to Blackburn and walk or get a bus to Ewood or you can get the train from Preston that stops at Mill Hill, which is only a 15 min walk to the ground, Liverpool to Preston takes about an hour, Preston to Blackburn or Mill Hill about 15 to 20 mins.

4. My Ticket Box Confirmation tells me: Collection: Box office collection point . Where is this? And at which times can I pick up my ticket? I've paid by Credit Card, should I show that? Paid my friends' tickets with the same Credit Card, does that bring problems as the card is not registered on their name?

The collection point is basically a mobile box office next to the club shop (between the shop and Jack's statue outside the Blackburn End) - you really can't miss it. You will need the card you booked with, they will give you all tickets booked when you show them the card so yours friends tickets will not be a problem.

Hope you have a fantastic time and bring us some much needed luck.

Archived