BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] English Club Linked With Ipl Franchise

brfcs5359

If the Rovers got invoved it could have a knock on effect and awaken the Asian support in the area for the football side as well

Why would an IPL franchise awaken the Asain community ? The majority of the first generation asains in this country have no interest in football at all, purely for one simple reason they still remember what it was like in the seventies and eighties with all the violence. As an asain I speak to a lot of those "Asains" and ask them why they won't attend football matches and they remind me of the past. Even now when I myself go to football matches and, I am on my own I do feel a little bit uncomfortable .

I love going to Ewood and I used to go to a few away games in the early nineties but now I'm sorry I have to think twice before going to an away game as, my 11 year old son who is Rovers mad is always with me.

Now this might sound daft to most people on here however, if they considered banning beer at football matches their would be a possibility that more of the asain community would attend football matches .This would discourage a lot of yobs from attending . I remember when they opened the Prayer Rooms in the Blackburn End the behaviour from some of the fans in the concourse was disgusting. Now don't get me wrong the majority of the fans are ok but, you still get idiots who attend games for one reason only get drunk.

Why would an IPL franchise awaken the Asain community ? The majority of the first generation asains in this country have no interest in football at all, purely for one simple reason they still remember what it was like in the seventies and eighties with all the violence. As an asain I speak to a lot of those "Asains" and ask them why they won't attend football matches and they remind me of the past. Even now when I myself go to football matches and, I am on my own I do feel a little bit uncomfortable .

I love going to Ewood and I used to go to a few away games in the early nineties but now I'm sorry I have to think twice before going to an away game as, my 11 year old son who is Rovers mad is always with me.

Now this might sound daft to most people on here however, if they considered banning beer at football matches their would be a possibility that more of the asain community would attend football matches .This would discourage a lot of yobs from attending . I remember when they opened the Prayer Rooms in the Blackburn End the behaviour from some of the fans in the concourse was disgusting. Now don't get me wrong the majority of the fans are ok but, you still get idiots who attend games for one reason only get drunk.

I'd be all up for that if it happened. While I love a good pint, it only seems natural to drink at night matches. Only at football do I have a drink so early in the day (whenever kick off is!) and I've always thought afterwards why I bother. Drinkibng is a night-time thing for me. I'd happily stick to a coke and pie before the game if it encouraged more people to attend, regardless of race or religion. I guess the alcohol thing may be to do with religious beliefs for some too (as well as the yob element)?

I'd be all up for that if it happened. While I love a good pint, it only seems natural to drink at night matches. Only at football do I have a drink so early in the day (whenever kick off is!) and I've always thought afterwards why I bother. Drinkibng is a night-time thing for me. I'd happily stick to a coke and pie before the game if it encouraged more people to attend, regardless of race or religion. I guess the alcohol thing may be to do with religious beliefs for some too (as well as the yob element)?

One of these days the lunatics really will take over the asylum.

What's up with what I said? Should I apologise for not having to rely on booze to have fun?

1) People who really wanted to drink would just get more tanked up at a boozer before the game, meaning no reduction in people being drunk at the ground (and possibly even spiking it).

2) Do a mental calculation of the amount of extra people who would attend a football game if they didn't sell alcohol in the ground. Subtract the number of people for whom this would be the tipping point to make them watch games in the pub. What do you get?

1) People who really wanted to drink would just get more tanked up at a boozer before the game, meaning no reduction in people being drunk at the ground (and possibly even spiking it).

2) Do a mental calculation of the amount of extra people who would attend a football game if they didn't sell alcohol in the ground. Subtract the number of people for whom this would be the tipping point to make them watch games in the pub. What do you get?

Yes I know all that, but I simply meant IF it was viable. Hence the word IF appearing in my post. On you're 1st point, stewards should ban drunks from entering the ground, just as they are kicked out NOW.

Yes I know all that, but I simply meant IF it was viable. Hence the word IF appearing in my post. On you're 1st point, stewards should ban drunks from entering the ground, just as they are kicked out NOW.

Ste pointed out the logic in your post was flawed, you asked why and I explained why. Without the need for patronising words in all capitals either.

Drunk people should in theory not be allowed into the ground but the world and his mother knows that a ) it happens all the time, and b ) it will always happen.

Ste pointed out the logic in your post was flawed, you asked why and I explained why. Without the need for patronising words in all capitals either.

Drunk people should in theory not be allowed into the ground but the world and his mother knows that a ) it happens all the time, and b ) it will always happen.

Yeah, I guess. Although rather than pointing out the flaw, Ste just called me a lunatic (I guess he may be right though :P) and I apologise for sounding patronising. Just had an off day.

Archived