BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matty Derbyshire Invested In Whinney Hill

Just had one of my ex players telling me he been offered decent money to play for Whinney Hill next year, Matty has put money in them

?????

Got told the same last weekend - that they looking to pay lads good money to try an take the club places.

Are they still going to be a West Lancs League side?

Got told the same last weekend - that they looking to pay lads good money to try an take the club places.

Are they still going to be a West Lancs League side?

Not sure, would think with that kind of money they may apply for Vodkat league!

Certainly the lad who told me has experience in Vodkat Prem and first division, so West Lancs at least!!

Please forgive my ignorance folks, but I've never heard of Whinney Hill, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on this MB. So would someone make this thread more sensible and readable to all us ignoramuses by explaining who, what and where is Whinney Hill. I thank you!!

Please forgive my ignorance folks, but I've never heard of Whinney Hill, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on this MB. So would someone make this thread more sensible and readable to all us ignoramuses by explaining who, what and where is Whinney Hill. I thank you!!

It’s a district between Accy and Clayton where nori brick works was. The team have always had a good side for many years I think they started out in the Accy combination but have gone up through the leagues.

It's a district between Accy and Clayton where nori brick works was. The team have always had a good side for many years I think they started out in the Accy combination but have gone up through the leagues.

Thanks for that Jodrell; now I and others can understand.

Although now I understand about Whinney Hill the club, it raises a question in my mind as to why would young Derbyshire want to invest in a club so far down the pecking order? Surely he can't be thinking of trying to get the club up into the FL and thence on to greater things can he?

Sorry Fife, most locals know Whinney Hill, I was forgetting all the long distance supporters.

Whinney Hill are a small club currently playing in the second or third division of the West Lancashire football league, which is three tiers below the Vodkat League in the pyramid, (Vodkat league is the league below the Unibond)

My guess is Matty qwants to take the club to Vodkat league level which is where he started out at Great Harwood!!

Got told yesterday that Derbs has put in 50k this year and 100k next year and they got in former Rovers ladies manager Andy McNally to run it

Any financial wizards on here know if this would be tax deductable for Matty???

Archived