BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Parking - Matchday

This is the minute form last week's Fans Forum where John Newsham talked about car parking and some of the new ones brought in to replace the spaces lost: -

5. Match Day Car Parking

MH asked for an update on car parking at home games as there had been some changes this season. JN replied that around 650 car parking spaces had been lost this summer. 50 spaces at the Aqueduct car park had been lost as United Utilities needed the space for major work. The car park at Darwen Vale school had also closed, losing 600 spaces, mainly used by away fans. In addition Albion Mill car park had been lost as the mill was being demolished.

New car parks had been identified, 125 spaces on Branch Road, 100 at Darwen Cricket Club and Junction 4 services taking most away fans. Car park F was also now fully available with up to 150 spaces.

Or you can do what I do - street park in Mill Hill, 10 minutes walk to the ground and no traffic delays after the game. I'm usually back at home in Penwortham while Preston Blue is still sat in the Blackburn End car park :lol: If you do that though watch out for resident parking only streets.

yeah i saw that,but does it hold many more than 50? its my first time over this season tommorow and i always park there,i usually get down early and go in blues but i didn't get a season ticket this year so thats off the agenda

You can still get into Blues before game, just pay £1. Unless its really busy they don't start restricting it to ST holders until hour or so before kick off. No different to previous years.

You can still get into Blues before game, just pay £1. Unless its really busy they don't start restricting it to ST holders until hour or so before kick off. No different to previous years.

well i must have looked a bit silly because i usually got in about 1230 and always flashed my season ticket before i paid :lol:

Archived