BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Psp Power Problem

Hi Guys

My PSP suddenly has no power. I had the charger in, but no lights appearing. What could the problem be, could it be a battery problem, or charger problem? Or is the unit completely screwed. Its out of warranty, so im looking at a 95 pound out of warranty repair fee.

My PSP model is PSP3004

cheers

My gut feeling from working in games retail in the past is that its a charger problem. Usually even if the battery is knackard your lights would come on your PSP because it would still conduct power in the normal way because it would still think the battery would need charging.

im able to play via usb, but it doesnt show up as charging. When i plug the charger in, i get no power. So i know the unit is working, but im not sure what the charging problem might be.

Whatever happens just don't pay a 95 quid repair fee, you can get a second hand one for cheaper than that.

Agreed, although if its from the 3000 series Id be onto Sony to try and get them to fix the problem for free

Archived