BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Microsft Access

Hi,

I have a task for Uni to complete but it is way above my head. If anyone is a whizz on Access and has a spare couple of hours today or tomorrow i will pay them £30 an hour to help and teach me the task.

I live in Feniscowles, nice £60 for a couple of hours work!

Any help much appreciated. I am really stuck!

What sort of stuff you need to do?

Hughesy - i need to create a hotel database.

1 - a list of attributes to be used in a single schema.

2 - an entity-relationship model that includes a list of attributes to the in included in each entity and an explanation of why each particular type of relationship is appropriate.

3 - a normalised set of tables from the single schema.

4 - Create the database in Access and meet the requirements.

Requirements:

- Check any specific date to see if there are rooms available for that night

- Enter details of the customers

- Delete any bookings

- Make sure a double booking cannot occur

Few other bits and bobs.

Can you help?

DYOFH!

You should be ashamed. Here's a starter, customer to bookings should be a one-to-many relationship.

Do my own homework? I am not some little kid who wants somebody "to do" the work for me. I am stuck and wanted someone to teach me how to use Access properly. Is that such a problem? I know some people on here work in the IT and ICT field.

Your post has really ###### me off to be honest. Lets hope we never meet eh!

I have not started yet. I have to do a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course prior to starting and they have set some tasks that need completing prior to the course. I am fine with Excel, programming, Word, Sage, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and so on. However, i have never had to know how to build a database to this level.

He seems a tool to me.

I have not started yet. I have to do a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course prior to starting and they have set some tasks that need completing prior to the course. I am fine with Excel, programming, Word, Sage, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and so on. However, i have never had to know how to build a database to this level.

He seems a tool to me.

would you get more points for showing more initiative by ditching Access and do it in a real database? :D

Archived