BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Accrington 1995

yawnsie

Hello folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a bit of research. Back in the title-winning season, I remember Rovers sending a team to play Accrington in a friendly. I believe we won 2-0, and I think Shearer got both the goals quite late on. Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know where I'd be able to find lineups and scorers for that game? Cheers.

Hello folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a bit of research. Back in the title-winning season, I remember Rovers sending a team to play Accrington in a friendly. I believe we won 2-0, and I think Shearer got both the goals quite late on. Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know where I'd be able to find lineups and scorers for that game? Cheers.

The game was played at Ewood and I seem to remember an attendance of about 7,000 with only a couple of the stands open.... I've got the match program somewhere .... all other memories have long since been dissolved in alcohol :rolleyes:

Archived