BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Anyone Heard Of Giffgaff?

I joined it last week. Best network i've ever been on

www.giffgaff.com

If u want a sim to try it out let me know, i've got 2 left that will bang £5 onto it as soon as its activated

It uses the o2 network so will be pretty good. Someone at work has a sim and its looks to be great value for money.

It uses the o2 network so will be pretty good. Someone at work has a sim and its looks to be great value for money.

Very good value for money.

A simple £10 a month gives you:

150 mins

*unlimited internet

*unlimited txts

Free to call 0800 numbers

**free calls/txts to all giffgaff sims

*by unlimited it means unlimited. No fair use policy like all the other networks

**requires £10 top up every 3 months

What other network gives u that value on PAYG?

I'm on it. Bloody brilliant. For the last few months £5 has got me unlimited texts, unlimited mobile Internet and 100 minutes anytime any network, per month. Absolutely unbeatable. The normal price for that is £10 but they've been running a half price offer. Still a good deal.

o2 seems to have the best coverage around so you really can't do any better than GiffGaff if you want a PAYG SIM.

The only one downside was that it took around five days for the PAC code to transfer to their network. A bit slow - but well worth the wait.

That half price offer finished just as i joined up.

I've heard they're doubling the mins to 300 in the £10 goodybag

That's a bummer. They ran it for three months in a row just as I signed up.

The only problem with the goody bag is that it lasts for 30 days and then that's your lot. Unless you buy another one your phone is unusable.

With and o2 SIM you could still use any remaining credit after 30 days was up, without having to top up again. But I guess that's how GiffGaff need to make the dough with such low prices.

Yea but after the 30 days u can still call/txt giffgaff sims, call 0800 number & use the internet, thats all without credit or goodybag - so not as useless as u think

Ah, well spotted. I made a big hoo-ha about GiffGaff on Facebook but nobody was arsed. Probably because everyone's got 2-year iPhone contracts. Mwahahaha.

I've got an old knackered Windows Mobile phone that's no longer supported by Microsoft. Tempted to buy an HTC Desire outright and stick with GiffGaff.

Im stickin with giffgaff and want the wildfire

Ah, thanks Biddy.

That last line is making me seriously consider getting this.

Go for it mate, u wont be disapointed

Another few things to point out is: sum shops sell giffgaff vouchers but not all, just get an o2 voucher as they work on giffgaff just fine...

If u help out on the forums u get kudos, every month they're added to your account. In july & december u get to decide if u want to be paid into paypal or as credit

I can send u a sim if u like which gives u £5 credit as soon as u activate it, if u order off the site u dont get the £5

Archived