BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Incompetent Premier league training

After reading this article got me thinking about our players, Grella, Dunn, Andrews and N'Zonzi all muscle, groin strains either during pre season or shortly after.

Even Sam has Sais that in Grella's case it is different injuries as opposed to the recovering injury breaking down.

Then had a look through Physio room the majority of injuries are this type.

Is there a common denominator in general as the article suggests most clubs over train players to achieve (total) fitness rather than fit for football

Maj will love this one. ;)

After reading this article got me thinking about our players, Grella, Dunn, Andrews and N'Zonzi all muscle, groin strains either during pre season or shortly after.

Even Sam has Sais that in Grella's case it is different injuries as opposed to the recovering injury breaking down.

Then had a look through Physio room the majority of injuries are this type.

Is there a common denominator in general as the article suggests most clubs over train players to achieve (total) fitness rather than fit for football

Maj will love this one. ;)

I do remember Duff having loads of Hamstring problems which was linked to the car he was driving and the posture he occupied whilst driving, seat position etc!!

I do remember Duff having loads of Hamstring problems which was linked to the car he was driving and the posture he occupied whilst driving, seat position etc!!

:lol: I remember that, was it not a BMW 7/5 series or something similar.

Also there was once an article warning male drivers not to sit with their wallets in their back pockets (back problems) especially footballers. ;)

I'd have thought the hardest thing for any coach is trying to standardise a training session with twenty plus young men who could be of varying degrees of fitness and ability.

Its not easy one would think, yet some smart arse comes up with alternative theories, yes its OK for x but not for y.

I'd have thought the hardest thing for any coach is trying to standardise a training session with twenty plus young men who could be of varying degrees of fitness and ability.

Its not easy one would think, yet some smart arse comes up with alternative theories, yes its OK for x but not for y.

I think you are looking at the wrong side of the coin Jal, they will have a given standard to achieve but once there what is the point in pushing them further, did Sam not take our own players away last season as he said fitness training was not needed (fit enough)

As it says in the article, it sure seemed to work at City.

I think you are looking at the wrong side of the coin Jal, they will have a given standard to achieve but once there what is the point in pushing them further, did Sam not take our own players away last season as he said fitness training was not needed (fit enough)

As it says in the article, it sure seemed to work at City.

Are we not saying here that the dutch guy thinks his fellow countrymen dont need a lot of training, just a bit of top up work, OK, yet what we dont know is, the rest may need to put in a lot of extra hard work just to reach a certain level.

We are all different, suppose this is when its important that there is more than one coach looking after a group of players.

Are we not saying here that the dutch guy thinks his fellow countrymen dont need a lot of training, just a bit of top up work, OK, yet what we dont know is, the rest may need to put in a lot of extra hard work just to reach a certain level.

We are all different, suppose this is when its important that there is more than one coach looking after a group of players.

I'm pretty sure he is on about the constant training every day trying to get the most out of the players, as he says it's not really an endurance sport, once a level is reached then you ease off and concentrate on others areas, speed, agility Etc.

I don't know anything about modern day training, was sort of hoping maj would reply to the topic, for his thoughts on the techniques he uses in the article.

Archived