BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Digest And Links (January 2011)

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 3 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

Any comments should be confined to the respective threads - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

The Eleven O'Clocker and Charlie Adam

CHARLIE ADAM...Blackpool have rejected Birmingham City's £2 million offer...this may come to a head now...if the player kicks off it may be a case of selling to the highest bidder...if he doesn't then he won't be moving...let Birmingham do the running and jump in when the price is sorted...if it ever is.

[...]

nicko's piece in The Mirror reported that Sunderland have joined Birmingham and Rovers in the bid to sign Charlie Adam:

Blackpool spark three-way bidding war for Adam

(thanks to Steve Moss for the link)

Today, there were further developments on the Charlie Adam front:

Sky Sports, 10 January 2011

"Sky Sports News understands Aston Villa have had a £2.5million bid for Charlie Adam knocked back by Blackpool."

Villa have Adam bid rejected: Seasiders snub approach for talismanic midfielder

(thanks to Gambit217 for the link and to Pete1981 and LessThanJake for the alert)

Walshy brought the Villa bid up again later, to which there was the following response:

[...]

The next move is down to Charlie Adam. If he kicks off then Blackpool will sell to the highest bidder.

I get the feeling this is going to cost a bit more than expected.

Could do with it being sorted one way or another.

If you are going to play the football Steve Kean wants to play he is absolutely key.

How much were you/they expecting it to cost?

It's really down to Blackpool to put a valuation on him...or the player to react once a bid comes in that he thinks is fair...watch this space.

There are not many good players out there, so it's no shock that there is a rush for someone of his calibre.

Everybody concerned could do with this being settled fast.

But don't count on it.

Salgado on transfers

Today's Lancashire Telegraph carries an interview with Salgado on the subject of transfers and recent events at the club.

Lancashire Telegraph, 10 January 2011

Salgado: Blackburn Rovers must forget about signing superstars

Pablo Mouche

Sky Sports, 10 January 2011

"Blackburn and West Ham are rivalling Birmingham for the signature of Argentine starlet Pablo Mouche, skysports.com understands."

Blues battling for Mouche: Blackburn and West Ham also want Argentine

(thanks to bacup blue for the link)

It's a 'Barry McIntosh talks to Sky Sports News about a client no-one is interested in' story.

Fan talk

Finally, some random snippets from members' contributions to the thread, which include a rare sighting of rebelmswar in action but hopefully not out of action.

First of all, philipl's take on the Samba-Villa situation:

If Arsenal come in for Samba he goes.

If Villa come in for Samba he stays.

Warnock probably coming in on a straight transfer- none of this swap nonsense.

Torgeir posted a poignant summation of many fans' views of the window so far, diplomatically omitting what Ronaldinho may have an appetite for:

To sum things up:

Duff - Fulham won't sell so that's a dead end.

Demba Ba - is showing his true colours as a loose cannon - stay clear.

Adam - Birmingham trying, Blackburn waiting. Only realistic deal at the moment.

RSC - haggling, might happen towards the end of the window.

Ronaldinho - Doesn't have the appetite for the EPL.

Anyone got anything to add on this? I was optimistic about this window, not so much anymore.

And from the sublime...

I assumed the one billion figure was the number of chickens that they owned; your post has comforted me no end.

Morris Minors are very collectible nowadays - whom else but a multi billionaire would own one?

I like Adam, Adam is nice.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 3 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 15:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

Any comments should be confined to the respective threads - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

Charlie Adam and a Dutch Eleven O'Clocker

Charlie Adam thing gone nuclear.

There will be an 11 o'clocker.

It's a Dutch 11 o'clocker because I am a tad fatigued.

CHARLIE ADAM...Aston Villa are now in at £3.5 million...Birmingham won't go to that...Sunderland will be scared off at that...Rovers will wait until a price is agreed...Adam has 18 MONTHS left on his contract...and haggling with Karl Oyston is like wrestling a bear...however I understand the player wants to go if the right club is in...this is at the very tickly bit.

ROCHINA...word from Spain is that he will sign for Rovers very shortly...for a fee...rather than a loan.

No word on the other fronts, but that doesn't mean nothing is happening.

[...]

A couple of Mirror pieces put out under Football Spy:

Villa to launch new £3.5m Adam bid

Rovers to make Barca youngster Kean's first new signing

(thanks to Valois and daveoftherovers for the links)

Is there any indication that Adam sees us as "the right club?"

Or do you think it will simply boil down to the wages on offer?

If Rovers match any accepted bid then they would qualify as a 'right club.'

No matter where he might end up it would be on much more money than he is on at Blackpool right now.

Question is, why havent we put a bid in if we want him?

There is an auction already. You don't want to add to it. Villa have been naive jumping to that figure so quickly.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 2

More on Charlie Adam

Rangers fan claims they have a 20% sell on for CA - if that's true does it affect Blackpool's asking price?

Blackpool fans reckon it'll take 6-7m to get them to part with him, since they'll likely go down if he leaves. I reckon 5m will be the magic number, with or without addons, sell on etc.

Rangers have a 5 per cent sell-on clause. Sir David Murray will be pleased.

As far as I can tell there's no indication of Everton actually declaring an interest, just rumours based on who his agent is. Once this turns into an auction (if it hasn't already), they'll be priced out of the market. If he'd managed to get out of his deal and move for free he'd probably have ended up there.

Everton won't go to that figure. It's a pity to see Kenny Moyes coming under suspicion of putting his client to his brother. Surely Kenny would know better than anyone what a ditherer he is... :lol:

If we merely matched another bid, would he be likely to choose us over them? Would he choose Rovers over Villa? We certainly wouldn't have a chance against Liverpool.

If we really want him (and if he is Kean's number one choice, we really should be pulling out all the stops) we might just have to pay more than the others.

If we are going to win this then we may have to do so by being the last men standing.

You wait until a fee is agreed. Then go in.

It's frustrating, but vital.

But I do have to say this is a bigger test of Venky's muscle than anything - and that includes Ronaldinho.

Anyway, I'm off.

Chumbawumba!

Lancashire Telegraph, 11 January 2011

"Blackburn Rovers remain very much in the hunt for Scottish international Charlie Adam – with the player himself wanting Blackpool to allow him the chance to speak to other clubs."

Adam still in the frame for Rovers

Things are moving painfully slowly...but a transfer at another club could push things along during the day.

Watch this space.

Kean's list

Does anyone know for sure who is on Kean's "list" ?

or is it ever changing.........................

RSC

Duff ?

Charlie Boy

Barca Kid

Any others that we are aware of ? Nicko ?

Roque [waiting on Man City]...Duff [now very doubtful]...Adam [see 11 o'clocker]...Barca lad [same]...Crewe lad [possible]...not sure of other one or if the young ones were on that 'six.'

Collins and Warnock were NOT on the original list.

Not on Kean's list

Valois posted a link to fansfc.com linking us to Barton:

Joey Barton is on £67,000-a-week, has 18 months of his contract left and is not on Steve Kean's shopping list.

But it does give you an idea of what good players get paid these days.

Take him a flash myself, but it's not happening.

Alan Judge

Sky Sports, 11 January 2011

"League One club Notts County are close to agreeing a deal with Blackburn Rovers to sign Alan Judge on a permanent basis."

Judge decision on horizon

(thanks to Valois for the link)

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 3 thread covering the period from 15:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

The Eleven O'Clocker

Sounds like a cue for an early 11 o'clocker.

Two deals today may help Rovers targets move along.

BRIDGE...going to West Ham from Man City...may just assist in the Roque deal...West Ham say they are paying the full whack on his wages...I have my doubts...I think City are in the mood to trade...Roque is NOT my idea of a signing...but it could progress now.

VILLA...trying for Maynor Figueroa at Wigan...if he comes, Warnock surely goes...and he is part of the Samba swap equation...that could just get the ball rolling.

VENKYS...are over in force...that suggests a Steve Kean announcement.

JOHN JENSEN...very much here and very much happening.

There are other things afoot, but a bit early to relate.

[...]

ROCHINA...didn't bother updating it because I think it will happen very shortly.

RAMSEY...could not come on loan...Roque's name is still down for that berth...unfortunately.

Charlie Adam

CaughtOffside.com was quoted as reporting that Liverpool were to bid £8m for Adam.

The site says £8m rated, but no quotes about bidding £8m, seems rubbish.

Also why would any club offer £8m when Villa only have £3.5m on the table?

The Liverpool story is garbage. Checked it last night. Greeted by disbelief and a laugh.

£8 million?

I wonder who would put that figure out at a time when Villa top the actual bidding at £3.5 million?

I really can't imagine.

Nicko - has that £3.5m bid been rejected or not?

Not been accepted...and I hear it's unlikely to be.

It's really up to Charlie Adam to push for a move...depends how far he is willing to go.

Mirror Football, 12 January 2011

Liverpool set for shock Adam swoop

(thanks to Pete1981 for the link)

Roque Santa Cruz

Blackburn ahead of Lazio and Zaragoza for Roque

Translated:

The Paraguayan striker at Manchester City, Roque Santa Cruz, is very close to a return to Blackburn, club where he lived the best season in England. Lazio and Zaragoza seem a step backwards in the negotiations.

Lazio fear Roque will choose Rovers

I guess Roque Santa Cruz wanna come back to Rovers. He has settled in the area and would like a couple of more years in the premiership.

Rovers after Wes Brown? (3 club rule!)

Matt Derbyshire and Nick Blackman

Matt Derbyshire was spotted around Blackburn, while in other news it was officially announced that Nick Blackman has now signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract with the Rovers.

DERBYSHIRE...news of a Rovers return is news to his agent.

BLACKMAN...only possible explanation is that his contract was up in the summer and this is to avoid losing him...there is little chance that he will make the first team...strange one...he was talking to two clubs last weekend and asking for decent wages too.

David Dunn

Mail Online, 11 January 2011

Fulham chief Mark Hughes eyes reunion with Shaun Wright-Phillips and David Dunn

(thanks to Fylde Coast Fan for the link)

Michael Carrick

so don't shoot the messenger but is there any truth in rovers making a 6 million bid for michael carrick ?

To avoid having to reply to about twelve PMs...

There isn't anything in the Michael Carrick thing.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 3 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 15:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

The Tardy Eleven O'Clocker

Apologies for lateness...blame Ian Holloway for banging on too much.

ADAM...terrific tonight...Holloway wants to keep him...Adam wants to go...this is going to get messy...he is worth it...but a genuine fear that a really big club may now come in...some talent.

ROQUE...you have the details.

BANTON...you have them too.

Not much more to tell really.

Things moving forward, but Adam has to be a pretty major battleground for all concerned.

Charlie Adam

Liverpool have NOT bid for Adam, by the way.

If they had any sense they would.

But maybe they don't.

Roque Santa Cruz

"Blackburn boss Steve Kean is ready to close a deal to bring Roque Santa Cruz back to Ewood Park on loan - by paying all of the Manchester City striker's £90,000-a-week wages."

Ruben Rochina also gets a mention:

"The new Rovers chief is also expecting to have Barcelona’s young striker Ruben Rochina signed for his new-look squad within days."

Blackburn closer to Roque sequel

Man City's top money man reckons Roque is done and dusted from their point of view...so that should be a matter of hours now.

[...]

Prospective perspectives

It might be worth pointing out what the clubs in your 'zone' have been doing and hope to do. Puts some perspective on things.

BOLTON - want four players, but won't pay over the odds for three of them...small squad...willing to wait.

NEWCASTLE - tried and failed for Larsson...little else expected.

BLACKPOOL - bids for lower league, low earners.

STOKE - have money, but seem more intent on shedding a couple...Tuncay and Gudjohnsen.

EVERTON - little money, need to sort out Pienaar.

LIVERPOOL - total turmoil.

So, if Rovers strike hard and often this could be a time to land significant blows.

Amine Linganzi

Amine Linganzi has moved to Preston North End on loan until the end of the season.

Rovers.co.uk, 13 January 2011

Linganzi makes loan move

(thanks to budha for the link)

Jason Banton

"New Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has gone back to old club Blackburn to make young striker Jason Banton the first signing of his second spell at Anfield."

Dalglish lands Blackburn starlet

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 3 thread covering an extremely busy period from 15:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

Countdown to the Eleven O'Clocker

WARNING.

Tonight's 11 o'clocker will be a tad controversial.

In a good (in your opinion) or bad way ?

Good...before the panic spreads.

No panic. Just the usual mayhem.

The Eleven O'Clocker

OK...the conspiracy theorists will be going to be with their heads all a-spin...

I hear from my best Swedish contact that Seb Larsson is the proverbial done deal for Rovers.

He won't go to Newcastle or Sunderland despite both agreeing a £1.5 million fee with Birmingham City.

Larsson - as mentioned here away back - wants to come to Blackburn and seems to be 'sorted' for the summer when he can join on a free.

Obviously there is the possibility of taking him in this window. But I believe he is strong enough to sit it out and come for nothing.

Game on.

Yes, he is a Kentaro player [as pointed out way back].

So....what?

If you think the link with the agents is good you will reckon you have beaten off rivals for an international player.

If you think not. Well, you will be in over-drive.

On a football scale I never reckoned he was worth a big fee. As a free or a cheapie, yes...ok.

As long as it doesn't affect Hoilett's progress it is a rather shrewd addition.

Who said Venky's don't have cash and Kentaro ain't connected.

[...]

nicko chat

nicko's article in The Mirror: Blues' Larsson bound for Blackburn

The article also mentioned Santa Cruz would be signing.

[...]

Say Cruz is signing for 2million? Nicko?

It's the cost of the deal in terms of wages.

It's a bit hard to keep up right now. Never known it so frantic...at least, not for some time.

There will be one signing today. No prizes for guessing.

Possibly a second, which is a surprise to me but not to some others. The player involved is actually here.

Might be able to put more flesh on the bone later.

Need to find out where this activity leaves other targets...

Nicko, has the Adam-thing gone quiet? What's the status over there now?

Charlie Adam situation is very live...but all will be explained [as much as I can] later on.

I'm not going to use adjectives about the 11 o'clocker.

A 'tad controversial' had the usual PMT brigade talking about Diego Maradona and the mopes unhappy that you had a deal in the pipeline.

So, it's just an 11 o'clocker.

My only concern is that some details will leak before then...

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 2

nicko chat (cont.)

lol - you can't win can you Nicko ! thanks for all the updates and nearly crashing the servers last night !

Sorry for more Questions, but if stuff is going to leak today anyway, is Adam's likely destination Ewood or is there a preference from Charlie to go to another club ? Also, the one that is already here, do you mean at Brockhall/Ewood, or just in the country and does he play in Germany per chance - or is it a left fielder :-)

It was like trying to get a sunlounger in a German tourist resort last night...

Adam situation is moving at the Blackpool end. More on that later.

The 'new' guy here may sign at some point in the day.

Roque's medical should hopefully not present a problem either.

It's going to be a relatively busy day or so.

Seb Larsson on his way to us today too?

More likely to be the summer.

Jermaine Jones

EXTRA EXTRA!

Sources in Germany say Rovers close in on Schalke's Jermaine Jones. Half-year loan deal + option to sign him permanently in summer.

Das Bild, 13 January 2011

"Und der ausgemusterte Jermaine Jones (29) steht nach BILD-Informationen vor einem Wechsel zu den Blackburn Rovers (10. in England). Die wollen ihn angeblich bis zum Saisonende ausleihen, danach kaufen." [And the discarded Jermaine Jones (29) is on the verge of a move to Blackburn Rovers (10th position in England). Reportedly they want him on loan until the end of the season before purchasing him.]

Farfan tanzt! Jones weg? [Farfan dancing! Jones off?]

(thanks to Roberto Policano for the link)

Jermaine Jones is here.

Expect that to be confirmed as a deal at some stage today.

Background details - as I have them - later.

Significant on a few fronts.

Can I get back to may day job please?

nicko goes back to sending out distress signals...

Roque Santa Cruz

Santa is back at the Rovers on loan until the end of the season.

Rovers.co.uk, 14 January 2011

Roque returns!

(thanks to AJW for the link)

Lancashire Telegraph, 14 January 2011

Roque Santa Cruz completes move to Blackburn Rovers

BBC Sport, 14 January 2011

Blackburn Rovers re-sign Roque Santa Cruz from Man City

(thanks to daveoftherovers for the link)

Alan Judge

Alan Judge has now completed his move to Notts County.

Rovers.co.uk, 14 January 2011

Judge makes Magpie switch

(thanks to budha for the link)

Víctor Vázquez

Spanish website as.com reported Rovers' interest in Barca midfielder Víctor Vázquez.

as.com, 14 January 2011

El Blackburn quiere llevarse a Vázquez

(thanks to Roberto Policano for the link)

Later, goal.com picked up on the article:

goal.com, 14 January 2011

Blackburn Rovers Chase Barcelona Midfielder Victor Vazquez: Blackburn Rovers in hunt for Barcelona fringe player Victor Vazquez, according to reports from Spain

(thanks to daveoftherovers for the link)

Daniel Osvaldo

Sky Sports, 14 January 2011

"Meanwhile, Planes did confirm that there has been interest in forward Osvaldo from two Premier League clubs. He added: 'I've received two bids for him from Fulham and Blackburn but for us, he's a player not for sale.'"

Espanyol play down Ruiz talk

(thanks to BiggusLaddus for the link)

Pablo Mouche

Just seen on SSN that West Ham have made an offer for Pablo Mouche who we were linked to as well, anyone (nicko) know if we are still interested and what would he cost?

Never been a Rovers interest. Figment of an agent's imagination.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Early morning update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 3 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 09:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

The Eleven O'Clocker

A slightly early and trying to catch up with Shameless 11 o'clocker.

JONES...is going to be a loan...with some big wages...so it really is a case of over-paid and over here...don't know much about him but he has come to fill the gap Phil Jones left and Charlie Adam was down to fill...I think he will get a couple of games to see if he is fit and the answer...or else...

ADAM...still a live one but won't happen at the current valuations...which are way too high...but keeping something for the Sunday People that will suggest this is not a story with a few twists yet. [Edit ? --> this is not a story with a few twists yet -- WYH]

ROCHINA...I think he is over but nobody is confirming anything...would be a buy...international clearance takes time...but that should happen soon.

SAMBA...word of developments, but need to do more on that one...Rovers asking price is huge.

WARNOCK...could be a rival interest, so that part of the swap is under p.

[...]

Kamy chat

This is Kamy.

To add to what Nicko has posted.

Have heard from reliable sources that in addition to Jones and Rochina, a deal for Vazquez is also close.

There is also a rumour that I have heard about Kean doing something in relation to trying to sign Adam, won't post what the rumour is at the moment because do not know if it is true.

Activity at Ewood/Brockhall is most certainly keeping everyone busy!

Jermaine Jones

Juventus wanted him 3 seasons back, but it never happened. Was told at the time Manchester United were interested.

Player is meant to be very good, when he is focused and match fit. Haven't heard many bad things about him over the years.

During the day, Sky Sports were claiming that the deal had been done. Around midnight, the Mail then claimed that the deal had been agreed on during the evening. This morning's Lancashire Telegraph article, however, indicates that talks are still ongoing.

Mail Online, 15 January 2011

"Blackburn clinched a loan deal for Schalke midfielder Jermaine Jones on Friday night."

Blackburn seal loan deal for Schalke's American international Jermaine Jones

(thanks to Wilko Rover for the link)

Lancashire Telegraph, 15 January 2011

"American international Jermaine Jones is in talks with Blackburn Rovers as he closes in on becoming the club’s second January signing."

The article also gives an update on Ruben Rochina, Victor Vazquez and Charlie Adam.

USA international in talks with Blackburn Rovers

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 3 thread covering the period from 09:00 to 16:00 today. This digest has been arranged chronologically.

nicko chat

Warnock going back to Liverpool according to one of the pops.

WARNOCK...could be a rival interest, so that part of the swap is under p.

Liverpool are the rival interest. But I would be stunned if Villa sent him there on loan when they wanted a decent fee during the Samba swap discussions.

And why would Houllier help out Liverpool, a relegation rival?

Warnock can go. But he will cost or have a value in an exchange.

I doubt Villa are in for him anymore, as they have signed Makoun

Villa still want him - different type of midfielder.

Still want Samba too...more on the background to that in Sunday People.

Rochina is coming - not Vazquez as well.

And Steve Kean's trip to India has nothing to do with Adam.

Sunday People will have a rather foxy Adam story in the morning.

Has the deal for Jones been completed?

Pity bout Vazquez, not sure I want Rochina. There are far better players available and do we need another striker?

The Jones deal was not rushed through because he would not have been fit and ready for the Chelsea game. But I imagine that will be finalised pretty soon.

For me the most interesting aspect of this is that Jones is being 'tried' in the midfield anchor role and probably has a couple of games to impress in the short-term. If he does well it takes the heat right off the Adam auction. If he doesn't then Rovers have to get into the Adam auction again before the window shuts.

Rochina seems a reasonable investment for the future. Let's face it there isn't a young striker at the club who looks like making it.

Told last night that Villa still owe us money on Warnock. How would that sit?

I think there is still an outstanding [but not late] payment. That will be settled when it is due.

Sending him on loan is bizarre in the extreme.

But Liverpool do like him.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the opening of the Transfer Window Part 4 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 15:00 today. This digest has been arranged chronologically.

Red-top stuff

Mirror Football, 15 January 2011

Rovers slap £10m price tag on star Samba

(thanks to chaddyrovers for the link)

Mirror Football, 15 January 2011

Adam tells Blackpool chairman: I want out!

nicko chat

ADAM...wants to go...now...Blackpool will dig in...Villa still main bidder...Liverpool have reservations [and that is official]...Rovers may bite when the price is set...but I would not hold my breath on Blackpool selling...however this has a bit to run.

SAMBA...price is high, but that is not settled either...some behind-the-scenes stuff on that suggests there will be a major development one way or another before the month is out...way too delicate to go into right now.

COLLINS...Houllier would trade, his bosses won't.

WARNOCK...available, surely can't be a loan to Liverpool...makes zero sense.

KEAN...I think the India trip is about how the club is run and his own future rather than a cap-in-hand for cash job.

VENKYS...good read in the Mail on Sunday...feel most of the details has been here before but nobody wanted to believe it...that Nick Harris must be a Kentaro employee... :lol:

Interesting that Houllier would trade but Villa board won't. Is this a sign that club's boards are having more say in the club's signings.

Nicko, what do you mean when you say that Kean's meeting with the owners is about how the club is run? Will JW be going with him? Could it be that Kean will say let JW start the club properly?

There is always debate within a club about signings, whether they are worth it, whether it is good value. It happened a lot when Sam and John Williams were recruiting.

Villa - like any other club under pressure - will carefully talk through something like selling a player. It was the same there with Dunne. One minute he could go, next minute he was back in the team.

Kean's visit is about his own position, his contract and how things should be run when the bosses are in India and the club is in Blackburn.

I would imagine he would be delighted to see he is guaranteed a job for the next two-and-a-half years. That is quite a statement.

Nicko, I've heard if Rovers fail to sign Rochina, they'll try to loan Luc Castaignos. Anything in this?

Rochina was due to sign. I presume he is the player the manager talked about being 'close but now further away.'

Odd one.

Not heard of Castaignos but will check.

Nicko, I've heard if Rovers fail to sign Rochina, they'll try to loan Luc Castaignos. Anything in this?

In talks with Inter Milan.

Nicko, any info on Sunderland thinking they are getting Larsson

Sunderland would be out of luck.

Nicko, Inter Milan director claimed yesterday that Muntari can leave.

Any team interested? Rovers in for him?

Big wages, big opinion of himself.

Couldn't lace Bonnie Prince Charlie's boots.

I wonder if the journalists in Calciomercato.com also read this forum?

Recent news in their site regarding Muntari:

"Il futuro del ghanese è verso un ritorno un Premier: piace a Sunderland e Blackburn e nelle prossime ore Muntari potrebbe lasciare la Pinetina."

Translating, it goes more or less like this:

The future of the Gana player is the return to Premier League: Sunderland and Blackburn like him and in the next few hours Muntari may leave la Pinetina.

Article here:

http://www.calciomercato.com/mercato/muntari-chelsea-e-united-inter-e-sanchez-sono-piu-lontani-543159

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 4 thread covering the period from 15:00 yesterday to 15:00 today.

Jermaine Jones

FIFA.com seem to be jumping the gun somewhat, but the deal is expected to go through either today or tomorrow.

FIFA.com, 16 January 2011

"Schalke's out-of-favour USA international midfielder Jermaine Jones has joined Premier League side Blackburn Rovers on loan until the end of the season, it was confirmed today."

Schalke's Jones joins Blackburn on loan

(thanks to ricsi-pontaz for the link)

El Hadji Diouf

Mirror Football, 17 January 2011

"Blackburn Rovers are ready to move out controversial El Hadji Diouf - as Steve Kean looks for new faces and a new image."

Blackburn ready to ship out striker

(thanks to Craigman for the link)

nicko chat

The observation that Seb Larsson was not in action for Birmingham last night coupled with Sky Sports News reports that EHD was to be offloaded on a free transfer to a bottom 3 club (thanks to chaddyrovers for the alert) led to speculation that we could be moving for Larsson in the current window rather than waiting for the summer when he is a free agent.

Larsson didn't play for Birmingham City. Interesting. Due to happen to Rovers in summer. Could be sooner.

Rochina and Vazquez not involved for Barca B last night either. Not sure what is holding up that one/those ones.

Is this EHD thing still a rumour on Sky only? Nicko?

Tell you later ^_^;)

The Eleven O'Clocker

Diouf is looking to leave. He has even got himself a new agent.

I don't think anyone at Rovers really wants to stop him.

We will see if there is any movement before the window shuts.

However it would not surprise me if he ends up going abroad.

Neil Warnock will be pleased... :lol:

There will be a few coming and going by the start of next season.

Sorry for lateness, could not see the keyboard for all of the cigar smoke after the Eddie Howe coup.

more nicko chat

Will this mean there's more chance of signing Seb Larsson now?

I am told Larsson is signing. Either summer or before the window shuts.

If Diouf left sooner I suspect it would be more likely the latter.

Any news on Adam, Nicko?

Adam is telling anyone at Blackpool who will listen that he wants to go.

However he is under contract, so the price is up to them.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 4 thread covering the period from 15:00 yesterday to 16:00 today.

LT transfer news

Hughesy summarised the latest transfer news from the Lancashire Telegraph:

LT Story today….

J Jones expected to be unveiled as a signing today after the deal was agreed yesterday. (Just seen – confirmed on official site now)

Kishanishvilli, Brown, Chimbonda & Rigters will all leave when their contracts expire, if not before.

Doran, Morris, Goulon all expected to go out on loan

Diouf available and his agent touting him around…

Samba, Salgado, Roberts (extra 12 mths) & Robbo (lifetime) all in talks over longer deals

Lancashire Telegraph, 18 January 2011

Kean bid to keep his top stars at Blackburn Rovers

Jermaine Jones

Rovers.co.uk, 18 January 2011

"Rovers have made their second signing of the January transfer window with the capture of midfielder Jermaine Jones."

Jones completes Rovers move

(thanks to davulsukur for the link)

The Eleven O'Clocker

Just a few brief updates.

CHARLIE ADAM...Holloway has told all of his players today that he won't be selling anyone - because Blackpool can't buy replacements...that is very much his stance...Villa likely to make an improved bid...but unless the player goes on strike - which I doubt - this one may have to be shelved for all buyers until the summer.

JONES...on huge wages at Schalke...but about to come on a share-salary basis on loan.

ROCHINA...his contract at Barca is up in summer...so the 'hold-up' is presumably over what the fee would be now...may happen sooner...a bit like Larsson.

SAMBA...hear rumours of some drama going to happen there this week...and the outcome could be a surprise.

WARNOCK...Villa still trying to sign his replacement...I don't think he will come back to Rovers the way things stand.

STEVE KEAN'S TRIP...I would expect there may be some news out of that very shortly...no surprise if he signed his deal...the owners have said often enough.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 4 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

Mauro Formica

Main discussion on the thread centred on young Argentine midfielder Mauro Formica of Newell's Old Boys.

Rovers are signing an Argentinian...not sure if it is this chap. Heard the one coming was younger. Seems odd he has missed out on joining Genoa.

There is a buy pretty close.

I can't do an 11 o'clocker tonight.

But it could be in Mirror.

Also some news on Samba and the contract he wants. That one has some way to run.

[...]

Catania nearly signed him in the Summer, after tracking him for over a year. But they had spent up by August, and could not do the deal. Milan have never been after him to my knowledge.

The Genoa deal fell down because Genoa had agree to pay Newell's 600,000 Euros upfront, then the rest over 3 years. But the following morning Genoa told Newell's that they would not be able to pay anything until July. Newell's owner than said no deal and called it off.

Newell's players have been offered about because they have bad debts.

Rubin Kazan, Bordeaux, Catania, Genoa & Galatasaray have all tried to sign him in the last 6 months.

[...]

Lancashire Telegraph, 19 January 2011

"Blackburn Rovers were last night being linked with a move for Argentine Mauro Formica by reports coming out of South America."

Blackburn Rovers in frame for Formica

Nicko please can you confirm the rumors of Formica.

Are the 2 deals for the Barcelona lads any closer ?

Many thanks nicko.

There is a lot of noise coming out of Argentina about this...some of it fits, some of it doesn't.

If the player is genuinely flying over, then it must be on.

Venky's have a South American guy who was involved in Ronaldinho and this may be his work.

So it's a 'wait and see' job because the player has been going here, there and everywhere in the past.

I only know of the one Barca lad - Rochina. People keep forgetting he was the one Mrs D mentioned. She never said anything about Vazquez who does not fit the 'profile' quite the same.

Nicko, you said you heard the Argentinian in talks was younger than Formica. Do you have a name or age, or will that perhaps jeopardise the deal? Formica looks to be something we have been lacking so wouldn't be disappointed if it turns out that he indeed is flying over for talks as we type.

I heard a 'young Argentinian' might be coming about a fortnight ago. I thought this meant a teenager.

It could be Formica. At 22, he is still 'young.'

There are so many people throwing players at the club right now - from many different angles - that it is possible.

It's still early morning in Argentina. So there should be more news later.

My main concern is that this player was linked with Rovers about a year ago. Nothing happened.

He has been linked with Genoa, Galatasaray, Bordeaux and West Ham in recent times. Nothing happened.

Funnily enough, there is a key mention of agent Barry McIntosh who leaks to Sky all of the time...

That might explain the number of clubs linked to him lately.

Intriguing one.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 2

Sebastian Larsson

Mirror Football, 18 January 2011

"Blackburn boss Steve Kean has made a bargain £500,000 bid for Birmingham’s contract-rebel winger Sebastian Larsson."

Blackburn offer £500k for Larsson

(thanks to Traviscon for the link)

Samba

A speculative report that Arsenal may be interested in Samba for £6 million was given short shrift:

Samba. Arsenal? £6 million?

When Aston Villa were quoted £10 million a few days ago.

There will be a few twists in Samba's contract situation, but there won't be any sale at that price.

Another minimum fee release clause?

There is no fixed fee clause in Samba's contract.

He wants more money.

That has been the story all the way through.

Others made him the captain of the Mutiny on the Bounty.

It has always been more about bounty than mutiny.

Possible outgoings?

There was an 'invitation only' game against Huddersfield at Brockhall today.

Roberts, Benjani and Diouf played for 45 minutes.

I hear Jones also played for 45 minutes - trying to get that confirmed.

The chap is described as 'big' by my mole.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

The Lancashire Telegraph has a useful summary of latest developments in its main article from today's Rovers news. The usual digest of the main transfer thread will resume tomorrow.

LT transfer news update

Lancashire Telegraph, 20 January 2011

Argentina ace Riquelme is offered to Blackburn Rovers

Guest Wen Y Hu

BRFCS X-Files #1 of 2

Every so often X Files creator Chris Carter used to throw in a silly episode as a way of reminding viewers that it was really all fiction. This digest of sorts is just such an episode to attempt to make sense of the over 30 pages and 450 posts that were made on the Transfer Window Part 4 thread during the period from 16:00 on Wednesday to 11:00 on Thursday. The BRFCS server huffed and puffed amid the mayhem, and this digest is a record of that mayhem arranged purely for your entertainment. Normality to be resumed with the next update, so please skip this one if you want to retain a sense of sanity.

DO NOT POST COMMENTS HERE!

So, the thread was trundling along as usual when Glenn produced a teaser of über-nicko proportions, serving notice of a Kamy 11 o'clocker. Hold onto yer socks everyone, we're off on a ride around the underbelly of the messageboard.

My iPhone just got a great bit of news from Kamy, I think his inaugural Brfcs 11 o clocker will be riquried reading, marque my words.

Who could it possibly be? No-one will get this one. Guaranteed.

4 minutes later...

Riqelme?

Another 4 minutes and BuckyRover gives his reasoning.

I think it's Riquelme.

He spelt required as "riquried" and the iPhone automatically corrects it (to required)

Stunning genius.

I read the email on my phone (I only mentioned it to highlight Kamy is obviously at the moment somewhere he can email, but can't post on the forum) I posted on here as normal. Don't read between the lines, there is only white space.

.... and you've all read my posts over the years, I've never let a spell checker get in the way of my bad typing :)

Right, pub time, nag me on twitter if the server dies.

BRFCS members only read between the lines.

Am I being really daft but does Kammy give 11 o'clockers I thought that was just Nicko.

What is your twitter then we can pester you if the server goes down?

Inaugural... Daft? Naahhh... But please feel free to pester Glenn.

We're all getting excited by an 11 o'clocker or did i miss something important whilst at the gym? (read back last 5 pages didn't see anything to get excited about so im a little confused.

Important? It's the transfer thread for goodness' sake. Nothing is important on here. That's the whole point of the thread.

nicko then popped in for an update.

This Formica story is odder than odd.

No idea why Red Star Belgrade would take the player and loan him to Rovers.

A few questions going to be raised and will need answers.

Interesting to say the least.

This should NOT affect Larsson.

The only 'football' reason for doing the Formica deal this way is to see if he settles in England...a lot of talented Argies have come and flopped.

Different days these.

nicko exits stage left, wisely leaving the thread to its own devices.

As has been said previously, didn't Glenn give a hint with his post? (Riquelme)

Would signing Riquelme be massive news though??

No, there was no hint whatsoever. It was a typo. A mistake. No suggestion whatsoever that Riquelinho was intended. It's not him.

blue/white, our resident Argentinian resident in New York and in the know about things Argentinian, confirmed that Riquelminio could never possibly be our target.

NOOOOO........ please tell me this is a joke. Riquelme is finished as a difference maker. He cannot get himself up and down the pitch anymore. He's been breaking down progressively in the past few years (the result of being an indifferent trainer has caught up to him).

He's signed a huge contract w/ Boca (some may say he 'held them up') and my gut feeling is that the club are looking to jettison a heavy contract for a player that hasn't played in nearly a year. Bringing him to Rovers would be daft, there's millions of better applications for such a cash outlay!

DavidMailsTightPerm was the voice of reason.

Why are we having to wait until 11 ? I can understand with Nicko - i.e. why give a story away - but if this is from a Rover's fans contacts - why the delay ?

Yeah. Just bleedin' well tell us, will ya!!

Guest Wen Y Hu

BRFCS X-Files #2 of 2

Actually, Kam's message did say it's in tomorrows LET too, so I'm confident mssrs Cyer and Plunkett have been onto the same source

Btw, hope I haven't over egged this, it's good (in my eyes) but it's not Messie good

Eggsaggeration? Baskets? Not at all.

It's too late for all of that. I haven't been this excited since I had to escort Gillian Anderson suffering from a very serious case of oral fixation.

No, it didn't make sense in context either. Except Scully does tend to gawp a bit, come to think of it. :wub:

[...]

I'm so looking forward to 11 o'clock and the response from 'Les Miserables', Jal, MrE, Philip, theno, Jim to name but a few-shall we meet back here later????

Missed me out.

Paul Mellelieu was understandably diappointed, but not as much as yeti-dog would be. Never mind. Another day, maybe.

I am sat here half p1ssed, savouring the finest Cognac after a long tough day.

I sincerely hope that come 11 o'clock I will be overwhelmed and will have sufficient excuse to finish the bottle and get totally p1ssed.

Venky boys - don't let us all down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reckon he finished the bottle and totally totalled himself when he found out.

sat here waiting after drinking half a bootle of wine... Jan off the beer failed!!! This better be good!

A theme developing here.

20 bleedin' pages to go before the end of the thread... Pheewww. Got to keep my concentration going. :(

Riquelme is one of my all time favourite players. I'd love him to come to Rovers, despite the fact that he is not the player of a few years ago.

Sverre, Riquelmenino has not been so much as mentioned. What gives you that idea? Just go to bed. It's not worth it. Honest. :o

Then the clock struck eleven. Who on earth could it be? Perplexation reigneth.

The 11 PM-er

Published: Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Juan For Rovers

by BRFCS News

Multiple sources have confirmed to BRFCS.com that Rovers have been offered the chance to sign legendary Argentinean midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme. Sources have indicated that the player is interested in moving to Rovers, should the club choose to pursue this. Sources have also revealed that initial talks between Rovers' representatives and Riquelme's representatives have taken place.

Riquelme is regarded as one of the most technically gifted players in recent history and would certainly represent a coup for the club as well as a clear statement of intent from Venky's, particularly in light of the recent failed attempts to sign Ronaldinho and Beckham.

Rovers' new owners have indicated in recent interviews that they are looking to bring in a high profile player to the club and Argentinean playmaker Riquelme would certainly fit the bill. Indeed co-owner Balaji Rao told The Times of India this week "I assure you we'll get a 'big name' playing for us pretty soon."

There will be a lot more on this developing story tomorrow as we believe that this story is going to be covered in greater depth tomorrow morning in the Lancashire Telegraph with on-the-record comments from key sources.

Riquelme?! Well, thank goodness it's not Messi we're after. The board couldn't handle that. Anyway, surely Riquelme's not fat enough to be a truly big signing.

Riquelme would be brilliant!

Is there a normal 11 o'clocker on all the other stuff, rochina, samba, etc!

Some people are never satisfied. :rolleyes:

But here's something to keep you going, courtesy of a link from micky_b.

Kean signs two-year-deal to be Blackburn boss

Meanwhile, blue/white reflects on the meaning of disappointment.

I hate to say this.......

but i'm w/ Mercerman... Riquelme's age and current fitness do not make this a slam dunk -- he's 33 yrs. of age, the 'mileage on the chassis', & what is believed to be chronic foot/ankle problem concern me a great deal.

Another consideration (albeit a lesser one considering he doesn't speak English) are his peculiarites: a prima-donna that's been alternately isolated at every stop whether not getting along w/ the Barcelona stars to demanding preferential treatment at Villareal or running roughshod over the entire Boca Jrs. set up.

This is a guy I truly despise..... I've been waiting for nearly 20 years for a countryman to don Rovers' beautiful kit---I'm not laughing that fate has conspired to make JRR that guy. Typical, considering my 2010 has gone!!! I guess I'm in for more in 2011 :(

Not everyone was disappointed, though...

Funny how the "marquee" (sic) signings are going down a grade in class with each ludicrous name the Rao brothers have plucked out of their Charlie Buchan annual.

I think we'll be after signing Charlie Buchan, never mind his annual. They'll think he's Scottish as well from the sound of the name.

After another 10 pages of speculation amidst the general abuse of other members, discussion of Riquelme was dispatched to another thread. Be thankful for small mercies.

**************** THE END ****************

Guest Wen Y Hu

Mid-afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 4 thread covering the period from 11:00 on Thursday morning to the closing of the thread around 10:50 yesterday morning. This digest has been arranged chronologically.

Elevenses

RIQUELME...has anybody asked if he would get a work permit?...checked that yesterday...he wouldn't.

FORMICA...stranger and stranger.

I am not sure the Barry McIntosh chap is close to Kentaro in any way.

So be a bit wary of that whole scene.

MANAGER...signed deal.

LARSSON...fee being worked on.

SAMBA...know more on future today.

nicko chat

Oh come on Nicko, there is no doubt Riquelme would get a work permit on appeal. Friedel and Tugay both got rejected initially when reapplying before signing for Rovers, but both won an appeal.

I checked this with people who tried to get him in before in the past few years.

He has absolutely no EC passport possibilities.

He is out of the Argentina team and won't get back in.

It is a very difficult deal to do.

Would love it to happen, but got to be realistic.

I presume that means no further news on the others.. Adam, Rochina, Vasquez..?

Adam is stuck in neutral. Villa due to offer more. But until Blackpool agree a fee Rovers won't get into an auction.

Rochina is about valuations etc. He is out of contract in the summer. I suspect he will either come then or earlier if a fee is sorted.

Never heard anything about Vazquez. Had my doubts about that one all along.

Nicko sorry if I've missed anything, but as a betting man would you expect Seb Larsson to be in a Rovers shirt for Sunday?

Really down to Birmingham City. Their pride may not allow them to take the fee just now. The link with Villa came from Birmingham City yesterday, so they are clinging to the hope of an auction.

My Swedish chum also tells me that Larsson is NOT with the agent Karlsson [Kentaro] any more. But with someone else [not sure if the guy is with Kentaro but probably is].

Either way I expect him to sign at some stage.

A cert for summer. A probable for the end of the window. A big ask for Sunday.

There will be some news on Larsson, Adam and Samba later.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Mid-afternoon update #2 of 2

more nicko chat

[...]

nothing new on Formica, nicko?

The lad was due in Belgrade today...but we shall see.

Adam not going anywhere? Heard Holloway on Radio and is also here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9355579.stm. Surely at this point in time he wouldn't want to make himself look silly by saying this and then a few days later Adam leaves B'pool?

The fat lady has not sung on that one...quite complex.

There will be some news on Larsson, Adam and Samba later.

Just by what SK has said on Talksport is that Samba has been offered a new contract. He also said that Adam is on the list but no bid in yet. Said nothing about Larsson tho, so hopefully he will be signing by next week.

Also said that we WON'T be making a marquee signing this window but most likely in the summer.

Here the talksport twitter page has what kean said http://twitter.com/#!/talkSPORTDrive

Or here is his interview with them http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/blog/2011-01-20/kean-we-want-make-marquee-signing-summer

The Eleven O'Clocker

[...]

LARSSON...asked for a move...been rejected...Rovers will no doubt bid again...but it will be less by the day/week/

ADAM...Villa up to £4 million, they think Blackpool want £6 million...starting to hear genuine Liverpool interest in him...that would test Holloway who said they were an 'exception' to his 'won't sell' rule...that would be interesting...Rovers waiting for price to be fixed before taking a view.

SAMBA...talks about a new deal have begun...this was always about cash...to be fair, if Rovers want £10 million for him maybe he is worth a small rise...to pay for the petrol in all of those cars.

[...]

Waiting on word on peculiar FORMICA deal...not holding breath for the lovely RIQUELME chap.

All of this new money does attract some odd agents.

nicko's articles in The Mirror:

Larsson hits Birmingham with transfer request

Samba strikes gold with new Blackburn deal

(thanks to Hughesy for the links)

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 5 thread covering the period from its opening at around 10:50 yesterday morning to 16:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

News Bunny summary

The Part 5 thread started off with a summary of news from the News Bunny.

PART 4 went off topic. Please use this thread for transfer talk only.

Previously in the transfer thread:

Signed: Roque Santa Cruz (6 Month Loan), Jermaine Jones (6 Month Loan)

Players Linked: Charlie Adam, Mauro Formica, Ruben Rochina, Victor Vasquez, Sebastian Larsson, Juan Riquelme.

Summary:

As of Friday 21st January it seems that Mauro Formica and Sebastian Larsson are the two players who are most strongly linked. However it is still possible that Ruben Rochina and Victor Vasquez could sign. Steve Kean has admitted that Juan Riquelme is a target but not likely to happen in this window.

nicko chat

Checked with my best South American contact...there is no chance of Riquelme.

The player is due a big payment from Boca at the end of his deal and won't be leaving.

Don't think the manager confirmed anything today. Must have been at a different press conference.

Awful lot going on. Formica, Larsson, Samba, Diouf etc.

Catch you later.

Also noted that Skysports on their transfer wheel had the name Mouche referring to Pablo Mouche of Boca Juniors.

Any news on that from your Argentine contact Nicko or is it bull?

Mouche and Riquelme are both 'linked' to the same agent who blabs to Sky...

And other media outlets too.

:lol:

Is there any forward momentum on the Rochina, Larsson and Formica fronts or are they at a standstill or in reverse?

Rochina will happen - just a matter of when and how much.

Larsson is almost identical.

Formica is complicated because of how it is set up. Still not sure why it is being done like this. I am sure it will come out in the wash.

Charlie Adam news is a bit of a blow.

Liverpool have offered £4.5 million which is above the Villa bid.

Blackpool have rejected it.

However Adam will not take this one lying down.

Sadly Liverpool will turn his head here - so that one is going to be off the shopping list.

Dalglish was not 100 per cent sure about the deal but has been persuaded.

This is a setback in my book.

[...]

I should add I watched the Newells game against Allianza Lima last night to see if Formica was playing and he wasn't. The commentators kept referring to complications because of a move to England.

Birmingham have rejected a transfer request from in-demand midfielder Sebastian Larsson, according to his agent, Per Johnson.

'Then the manager (Alex McLeish) said he wanted to keep Seb for the rest of the season, then we got an email saying Birmingham had accepted an offer from Newcastle.

'So, we had been in talks with Newcastle until this Wednesday when the plug was pulled again and Birmingham decided they wanted to keep Seb.'

Elevenses

ADAM...will develop even more today...sadly that one seems to have past Rovers by.

LARSSON...interesting to see if he plays today...or even makes the bench.

SAMBA...new deal pending...but hearing Rovers have inquired for a centre half...completely out of nowhere.

DIOUF...don't do the headlines...but that one did make me chuckle...anyway West Ham are not the only interested party...I could see that happen if Larsson comes in early.

FORMICA...way too complicated for anyone's liking.

ROCHINA...can't be THAT hard to do...but you never know.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 2

Mauro Formica

Sky Sports News, 22 January 2011

"Steve Kean does not expect to bring a 'marquee signing' to Blackburn, but he is closing on Newell's Old Boys ace Mauro Formica."

Kean hopes for Formica deal: Rovers boss also rules out Riquelme raid

(thanks to owenrilla for the alert and Valois for the link)

Pascal Chimbonda

The QPR official site announced the signing of Chimbonda following his release from Rovers.

qpr.co.uk, 21 January 2011

Chimbonda signs

(thanks to Oklahoma for the alert and budha for the link)

El Hadji Diouf

Mr Diouf is trying to sort a move to Bolton out. I don't think he'll get his wish.

Mirror Football, 21 January 2011

Hammers join the rat race for Diouf

(thanks to bonerdude for the link)

Chris Maguire

Sky Sports News, 21 January 2011

"Skysports.com understands Blackburn are lining up a move for Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire."

Rovers plan Maguire move: Dons striker catches Kean's eye

(thanks to John for the link)

Dorin Goian

Mail Online, 21 January 2011

More interesting than the news in this article of Chimbonda leaving and Riquelme purportedly coming is the line about possible interest in a central defender to replace Samba: "Blackburn's offer for Birmingham's Sebastian Larsson has been rejected but they are considering Palermo's Romanian defender Dorin Goian as a possible option should they lose Chris Samba in the next week."

Blackburn cancel Pascal Chimbonda's contract and eye a move for Juan Roman Riquelme

(thanks to Pelio for the link)

The Daily Mail suggests we're looking at Dorin Goian of Palermo - anyone know anything about this guy (Roberto?).

Snowed under with Roma takeover, but ain't heard anything coming out of Italy on Goian, wasn't in any of today's Italian papers.

Guy is very average and knocking on, so doesn't fit with your owners version, so doubt it's true. Will keep ears open though.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 5 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading.

News Bunny Elevenses

This is Kamy.

There is still over a week left until the transfer window closes, there is plenty of time for business to get done.

This transfer window is interesting for me in that thus far new owners are doing precisely what Mrs Desai said in her initial interviews when the takeover was completed (Leasing Model and a budget of £5 million). If that is the case then it is no bad thing, it is £5 million more than what we have had previously and it will show that the owners will only spend what they can afford (which is good).

If we end up spending more than the £5 million then it will show that the owners are flexible and are willing to spend money on the right players.

The Mauro Formica thing is very very weird, why Rovers aren't buying him direct is really puzzling, they know the fee. Allegedly he is going to be bought by a management company who are acting on behalf of Red Star Belgrade and then loaned to Rovers. I imagine that the management company are hoping that he is a success and therefore can be sold to either Rovers or another club for a profit. If this is true, then the management get around the third party rules by acting on behalf of Red Star Belgrade. The only reason I can see for Rovers being interested in this kind of arrangement is that they are not 100% sure that the player will be able to perform in the Premier League, so this way they get to test him before buying him.

For what it is worth I have heard that Rovers are still chasing players and expect developments before the end of the transfer window.

Mauro Formica

Latest on Mauro Formica is that it's dying a slow death..................... The player and his father are not convinced by the idea of being transferred to Red Star in Serbia and then to Blackburn, as this is the proposal by the group who made the offer to his club. Formica's club up to now have not received no written proposal and that the offer to commit Newell's Old Boys was only verbal.................

Even Kean on Friday admitted to the complications involved in this particular deal:

“I know it’s complicated where he was going to be, how he was going to get into the country, but I am not going to get into all the complications. I know he is a player because I have seen him. He is fantastic.

“If we can get him, great but I am not going to get into the mechanics of how we get him. If he was coming, he would be for the long term. If we have to take him on loan first, to get round the complications then so be it.”

Monaco are the latest club in the picture and I for one hope the cash that was put aside for the Adam Deal will be splashed on this Matt Jansen type of player.............

If we want Formica, pay the 3.5million to get him.

Money is meant to be 'no obstacle'

Agree totally. You know what the figure is so put the bid in. It's the same figure Gala & Genoa were quoted.

Red Star haven't got the money to buy him anyhow, so god knows what that is all about.

Looks like we have lost out on Formica.

Todapassion in Argentina has just put this up (in Google translation):

Formica eventually be transferred to Monaco and tomorrow travels with an entourage to Nice ending the novel traumatic summer. Bernadi confirm the information.

At 22 am today departs from Ezeiza Formica and a delegation consisting of Guillermo Lorente, Paul Morosano and Fabián Basualdo. The "cat" will be transferred to Monaco for 3.5 million euros for 3 years (minus any tax would pass of 2.66 million euros), as speculated by the versions that appeared yesterday afternoon.

Formica actually pass was a novel, remember that early last week Galatasaray expected, came after the Genoa, but when the player was with one foot on the plane fell operation, this transfer was the most frustrated traumatic all, to the point that the cat he considered leaving football. When everything suggested that the cat appeared was a holding company that would take him to Blackburn Rovers, but this operation, which also seemed closed, was not realized. In the last hours the expectation grew more and more until midnight near the player's transfer to Monaco was closed.

My bold- a holding company? ie a Tevez type of deal?

From transfort (French web site):

Monaco would like to now offer Mauro Formica, the Argentinian attacker of Newell’s Old Boys. According to Nice Morning (Nice Matin- the local newspaper covering Monaco), it is Lucas Bernardi, the old Monegasque medium, which would have advised the player. Its transfer could border the 4 million euros.

Only yesterday, Sky Sports News were still reporting that Kean is keen on Formica and was optimistic about it happening.

"Steve Kean does not expect to bring a 'marquee signing' to Blackburn, but he is closing on Newell's Old Boys ace Mauro Formica."

However, it appears from various tweets that the player and his father did not want anything to do with Red Star Belgrade or third party ownership. Not entirely surprising considering Red Star's own players are not being paid and are cancelling their contracts!!

Who on earth is advising Rovers' owners to contemplate getting involved in this sort of rubbish deal??

Allegedly he is going to be bought by a management company who are acting on behalf of Red Star Belgrade and then loaned to Rovers. I imagine that the management company are hoping that he is a success and therefore can be sold to either Rovers or another club for a profit. If this is true, then the management get around the third party rules by acting on behalf of Red Star Belgrade. The only reason I can see for Rovers being interested in this kind of arrangement is that they are not 100% sure that the player will be able to perform in the Premier League, so this way they get to test him before buying him.

Reckon you've hit the nail on the head. Red Star did the same with a guy called Vukasin Devic a few years back, think Segundo Castillo was in the same boat too.

One of the Brazilians they bought in the Summer came from an agency and not a football club.

[...]

Tidbits

I have just received a text from someone saying we have recently watched and are considering a bid for Diego Castro.

According to a Norwegian TV-channel we are interested in Simon Vukcevic, from Sporting Lisboa.

The guy is an offensive midfielder, with great technical abilities. The article says that he should be available for around £6 million.

The Mirror has a snippet claiming Vicente Rodriguez of Valencia is a summer target:

Rovers plotting ambitious move for Valencia winger

(thanks to Craigman for the link)

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 5 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. This digest has been arranged according to topic, with the nicko chat section in chronological order, for ease of reading.

Samba contract extension

Mirror Football, 23 January 2011

Blackburn boss hoping to seal new deal for skipper Samba

Lancashire Telegraph, 24 January 2011

"Chris Samba is “very close” to pledging his long-term future to Blackburn Rovers – and boss Steve Kean believes it would be another “massive” sign of the club’s exciting future."

Blackburn Rovers close to sealing Samba deal

Charlie Adam

Nicko's got a story up saying Liverpool won't pay more than £5m for Charlie Adam. The latest one doing the rounds in Blackpool fans is that Adam gets a percentage as a "loyalty payment" if he's sold without putting in a transfer request - won't happen if he wants to force that move. Oyston wants to come out of the deal with £6m for the club, which makes their asking price about 6.5-7. If Liverpool won't budge and Adam makes his situation at Blackpool untenable, we could still swoop in at the end of the window and offer both sides a way out...

Mirror Football, 23 January 2011

Blackpool skipper ready to wage war for Liverpool move

(thanks to Hughesy for the link)

ESPNsoccernet, 24 January 2011

"ESPNsoccernet understands Blackpool's Charlie Adam has submitted a transfer request after a £4 million offer from Liverpool for the midfielder was rejected by the club."

Charlie Adam hands in transfer request

nicko chat

From what I hear Formica is going to Monaco...something of a disappointment.

It's a good job Steve Kean is proving to be such a good manager.

Because the signings front is proving mixed to say the least.

Adam may fancy Ewood, but Ewood doesn't fancy forking out £5m plus

Charlie wants to go to Liverpool. Nobody expected them to come in. Even Kenny Dalglish had his doubts - long story. When they did, that moved the goalposts.

No point blaming anyone for that one slipping away.

Formica, though, is a different matter...he is already OWNED by an investor...THAT is the complication. THAT is why he was going to be sent to Red Star Belgrade and then 'leased' to Blackburn Rovers.

All of the Kentaro third party intrigue looks a bit daft when it was an existing third party situation that has cocked up the job.

The main complaint is that this should have been known in advance.

If that's the case, how has it been seemingly easy for Monaco to sort a deal? Why could BRFC not have done the same?

There must be more to it.

Given Kentaro's 'contacts' this is a balls up.

It is probably easier to have 'third party' deals in France than it is in the Prem, especially post-Tevez.

You also have to consider that the Kentaro gang have got to be ultra careful in all of their dealings - particularly the first ones.

It's a 'live and learn' job but fortunately the team is playing well under the manager.

I will say it again. Steve Kean is easily the most impressive part of the whole new set-up.

I have not decided yet whether all these Charlie Adam bids proves there is not much talent around at the moment.

A midfielder valued at 4 million being chased by Blackburn, Liverpool, Villa.

He should stay at Blackpool keep them up, then get his dream move to Liverpool where he will probably keep the bench nice and warm before moving back to Blackpool in a few years.

Transfers are NOT an exact science.

Adam is an exceptional player. Not many people realised it. He has had a big month at the right time. Liverpool have a 'football' manager who just came into the job.

All of those factors have changed in the space of a few weeks. It's a pain. But it happens.

Adam HAS to go now. Liverpool won't wait for him. So it is now or never. It will be now.

It's like saying 'Sam shouldn't take the Burnley job because a Premier League job will come up.' You can't guarantee that and you can't legislate for it.

You take the move when it comes - you can't wait or it is gone.

At the risk of sounding like one of the moaners, is there any positive news of late regarding transfers Nicko? I believe if Samba pens a new deal then January will have been hugely successful for Rovers. I would still love to see Rochina brought in however, or any of the other targets we may have been linked with. Seems to have gone a little quiet lately as we're moving ever closer to the end of the window. Is there likely to be an exciting deadline day for us? Or is it still too early to tell?

Larsson and Rochina should be Rovers players next season - whether they are by the end of the window depends how far the club is willing to push it just now.

Diouf will go to West Ham if they ever get the money to buy him rather than think they can get him for nothing.

Perhaps if Larsson comes it could mean Diouf goes cheaper and sooner.

If you ended up with Roque, Jones, Larsson and Rochina in it would be a worthwhile window without breaking the bank. You certainly need more than the current two.

Samba staying would be a financial decision by all concerned.

[...]

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Transfer Window Part 5 thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. Discussion over the last 24 hours has been diverse, so this digest has been arranged according to topic for ease of reading and as usual involves a degree of editing of individual posts for the same purpose.

nicko summary

Mmmm Going off topic again, Nicko any news on Larsson or Douify going or Rochina or anything - it's going quiet.

Ta

Larsson down to valuation.

Diouf down to valuation.

Rochina down to valuation.

Ronieli seems to be more advanced than most. And that IS a buy apparently.

A lot of talking to be done...but the targets are now fairly obvious.

Deals teed up everywhere in the Premier League. Agreeing fees another matter.

The Charlie Adam thing is now downright silly.

Charlie Adam

From whose point of view? Player, Liverpool or Holloway or all 3?

Blackpool's fee demands are a trifle high...shall we say.

nicko chat

Nicko, is it really this quiet in transfer markets?

It's far from quiet. Adam thing noisy. Ba got done today although that was one to avoid. A lot of teams trying to buy players, but very few available - and a lot of clubs reluctant to sell.

When clubs as big as Everton can only afford a loan striker - if they could find one - you realise that economic factors are playing a part. But it will still be frantic in the last week.

Nicko, do you know if there's any chance at all that we will put in a bid to hijack Adam, while Liverpool are just fooling around? A relatively high bid with good wages, that wouldn't be so unrealistic in my eyes. Liverpool never seem to bid the right amount of money anyway, and while they wait we should make a move! :rolleyes:

I think that ship has sailed.

If it is any consolation [to me] a very good player is being chased by a top club. Must have been a talent after all.

You don't expect there to be a creative centre-midfielder target added to that list after Adam & the Argentinian chap fell through Nicko?

Disappointing if so, as that was the priority for me this window if we had money to spend and only partially mitigated by the arrival of Jones. Kranjcar should at least be worth a look with the money we had earmarked for Adam, although £5m is a bit steep. January sales and all that. Did the 20% VAT increase wind up on transfers too?!

A creative midfielder would certainly be nice, particularly with the team now playing that type of football.

Adam is off limits now. The Argie boy hasn't joined Monaco yet I notice...

It is the one glaring omission so far.

If you get some of the teenage talent in then it will be a worthwhile window.

Once they are boxed off you know what is left and what is needed.

Archived