BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When are the next batch of live games announced?

I think they announce them on a month by month basis for the second half of the season, normally about 6 weeks in advance. I suppose its so they have a better idea of the more interesting games and ones that make better viewing.

Keep an eye on the sky sports & espn webite in the next week or so.

As a mod has had to tidy up some streaming chat in this thread, I should point out, due the the legal issue with receiving games not intended for broadcast in the UK we don't allow sharing (or even requesting or hinting at) streaming links.

This isn't just to protect you from yourselves, or part of the agreement with our upstream hosts that we don't link to "illegal" content, it's a common sense thing. Companies pay huge amounts of money for the UK rights to show EPL games, money which mostly gets filtered back to the EPL clubs and for a club like Blackburn with a relatively small fan base (with a very small average spend per fan), this money makes up a HUGE percentage of the club's income. So, as more and more people watch streams intended for broadcast in other countries, the value of the product the EPL has to sell to Sky/ESPN etc falls, so in return when the rights to show the games gets renegotiated, the club gets less money in, which means either we're signing lesser players, or your season ticket is going up. It's also not going to take a genius to work out that in these tough times it also impacts home tickets sales, something we don't need from either a financial or atmosphere point of view.

We have no issue with people linking to legitimate services that have paid for the rights to show the content on the internet (such as Yahoo's stuff at http://uk.eurosport....r-league/video/ or even the club's own RoversWorld service), it's just sites that offer to connect you to streams in other countries that aren't licensed for internet transmition (i.e. pretty much all of them).

Yes we know it goes on, yes we know we can't stop it, yes it's potentially legally a grey area in some areas of the world (though it's pretty Black and White in the UK) , but we don't condone it, so we decided many year ago to ban all posting of streaming links.

Archived