BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is this normal?

Basically, I dropped my phone the other day, and whilst the standard LCD damage appeared at first, now the screen is all black (that was admittedly, after I had tried to fiddle with it as part of what was open before had frozen on my screen so I tried to continue using it).

Is this normal? The phone works, as the bottom keypad lights come on when I turn the phone on. Is this repairable? I know I'll have to pay £80, but does this sound pretty standard for LCD damage?

Cheers

:brfc:

Basically, I dropped my phone the other day, and whilst the standard LCD damage appeared at first, now the screen is all black (that was admittedly, after I had tried to fiddle with it as part of what was open before had frozen on my screen so I tried to continue using it).

Is this normal? The phone works, as the bottom keypad lights come on when I turn the phone on. Is this repairable? I know I'll have to pay £80, but does this sound pretty standard for LCD damage?

Cheers

:brfc:

Sorry to hijack the thread after only one post (and sadly I don't know the answer). But I can't be the only person who grew up on Red Dwarf who read the subject of this thread and thought of this

("The line" is around 1 min 40).

Sorry, erm, I'll now slap myself on thw wrist for thread hijacking.

Sorry to hijack the thread after only one post (and sadly I don't know the answer). But I can't be the only person who grew up on Red Dwarf who read the subject of this thread and thought of this

Fair enough, but if someone has an answer, feel free to reply or pm me! :xmas::lol:

I would think it depends in where the damage is. Dont take my word for it but I would assume the connectors from the phone to the screen are damaged otherwise it would still work but with busted pixels.

Just my guess anyway. And I would guess it can be repaired, most things can these days

I would think it depends in where the damage is. Dont take my word for it but I would assume the connectors from the phone to the screen are damaged otherwise it would still work but with busted pixels.

Just my guess anyway. And I would guess it can be repaired, most things can these days

Yeah it looked like usual pixel damage at first with the colours etc, but when I pressed into it a bit it went black!

Assuming it will have to be sent off and have a new LCD put in, hopefully they'll find a way to fix it (at 80 quid I should hope so!)

:lol:

Red Dwarf is ace. I'm half way through the third book. Love it.

Archived