BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GiffGaff

Cheers Glenn, I ordered earlier on. I hope the free internet gets extended though.

Damn you Glenn getting in there first :lol:I found this site very helpful in debranding and installing froyo on a San Francisco

I'll have a look at that when it arrives, I definitely want to upgrade to 2.2 as I've heard it makes a substantial difference.

what is a San Francisco? i know its somewhere in the USA :rolleyes::lol:

Basically an Android phone for cheapskates like me who want functionality but are too tight to part with a lot of money. :)

Just be careful with the upgrade Le Chuck, the San Fran I did was for my uncle and although it massively improved the performance of the phone it did seem to hinder the wifi connection a bit, although I think there is an app that sorts this. Although if you're moving to giffgaff then that shouldn't be a problem ;)

I was planning on buying one of these but I'm going to wait on the Skate that's due out this summer :)

• 2 weeks later...

Still hasn't arrived...should I order another?

Just be careful with the upgrade Le Chuck, the San Fran I did was for my uncle and although it massively improved the performance of the phone it did seem to hinder the wifi connection a bit, although I think there is an app that sorts this. Although if you're moving to giffgaff then that shouldn't be a problem ;)

I was planning on buying one of these but I'm going to wait on the Skate that's due out this summer :)

The San Francisco is brilliant, I can't believe how good value it is. No problems with the wifi for me, the upgrade to 2.2 was pretty easy.

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

try mine...

the free internet has been extended to the end of march now from the end of February... its all about goodybags tho... they are cheap enough after all..

if u do buy a goodybag buy two and the second will cue to auto start as the other ends... other wise u can't buy a goodybag until the day after your other bag ends - there's a. if.in the system that stops it

Still hasn't arrived...should I order another?

The San Francisco is brilliant, I can't believe how good value it is. No problems with the wifi for me, the upgrade to 2.2 was pretty easy.

I got an email ages ago saying you sim had been posted (quite why it told me, not you, I don't know).

For everyone else, in a day or two, the site itself should be able to offer a GiffGaff affiliate link, from which the site makes actual money (rather than free credit).

Archived