BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What would it need for you to wholly support Venkys as owners of The Club?

It should be remembered that they left of their own accord. Again, it isn't what folk want to hear but that's the way it was. And before I start getting slated for this I was as upset as anyone, indeed probably more at the time as to me they were the spirit of Blackburn Rovers FC.

It was,at best, constructive dismissal for both of them.

I think its fairly obvious we need a football administrator at the club, someone who knows the ins and outs of the game, how to get business done, how to buy & sell players, how to pick good managers, and give them the proper remit and budget to do so - so transfers within the budget can be done without Pune's delay. If that person is Hunt or whoever else, thats fine, but the club must be run from Ewood. That person should be the person dealing with Pune, leaving the manager to manager the team - at the moment Keans remit is too big.

The second thing we need is a football manager who knows how to win games, and grind out results. On top of that he needs to be able to pick his transfers and have the backing to sign players he wants.

Thirdly - the owners need to communicate openly and honestly as possible with the fans.

The fourth thing is for all available to be given to improve the team, not a seperate pot for a 'marquee' signing. Those can come later if and when we regain a position as a mid-table club.

Archived