BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad for 2012/13

I don't think a thread's yet been created that discusses our squad for next season, what with the inevitable just around the corner.

It really is difficult to see many of the current squad staying here beyond this season as we won't be in a position to pay their wages in the Championship (if at all, if rumours are to be believed).

Who do people think we will end up keeping? IMO a good 75% of the squad will leave. We will have a fair few in demand players, such as Hoilett, Samba and Olsson, but on the flip side I can see us majorly struggling to dispense of Petrovic, Formica and other high earners.

Our team may end up looking something like (with many question marks, this is just my opinion):

Bunn

?

Hanley

Nelsen

Henley

?

Lowe

Dunn (new deal no doubt)

?

Goodwillie

Yakubu

Premiership donkeys such as Roberts (as much as I hate the man) and Andrews would probably be worth one year deals in the Championship too, especially with our lack of funding.

Personally,I can't see many prem clubs queuing up for the likes of Scott Dann or Pedersen and we will be stuck with their relatively high wages. I'm sure some foreign teams would sign the likes of N'Nonzi and Vukevic though.

Clearly the likes of Robinson, Samba, Hoilett and Olsson will move on,hopefully releasing some funds to sign some new players. Likewise no new deals for Grella or Salgado.

I think we shoud consolidate and build a young team,built around experience in key areas - dare I say Roberts, Dunn and Nelsen. However, one area that has desperately needing strengthening over the last few years is centre midfield. I would like to sign someone in the Batty/Savage role to add some steel and determination in the centre. Likewise, someone to add some creativity in the Tugay mold.

Despite the current problems,we have been an excellent base for younger players or those on loan to showcase their talents over the last 10 years. I wouldn't mind someone in the Bentley mold to come here and perform and get us re-poromoted,to later toddle off to a 'bigger' team.

Too much to ask?

Bunn

Henley (RB)

Nelsen (CB)

Hanley (CB)

Morris (LB)

Rochina(RM)

Dunn (CM)

Pedersen (CM)

Aley (LM)

Goodwillie (ST)

Osawe (ST)

Predicted Transfers Out:

Yakubu - QPR £3m

Samba - Arsenal £8.5m

Salgado - Bottom Half La Liga team £500,000

Dann- West Ham £6m

Robbo - Chelsea £4m

Hoilett - Liverpool £6m

Olsson - Villa £5m

Formica - Independiente £3.5m

Nzonzi - Newcastle £6m

Andrews - Everton FREE

Petrovic - Scandinavian Team £1m

Givet - Everton £2m

Vukcevic - Foreign Team £2m

Blackman - League 1 Team FREE

Ribeiro - Brazillian Team FREE

Predicted Finish: 17th - We'll have a decent start to the season then freefall down the table in the second half of the season because Venkys refuse to sack Kean and put in money to gain promotion.

Possible squad for next season: (including reserves)

• Robinson, Paul
  • Bunn, Mark (good keeper but inexperienced)
  • Kean, Jake
  • Salgado, Míchel
  • Olsson, Martin
  • Samba, Christopher
  • Givet, Gaël
  • Nelsen, Ryan (experience will be required - but will he be tempted away by a prem club in the summer)
  • Dann, Scott (could leave for a prem club)
  • Hanley, Grant
  • de Paula Ribeiro Ingrácia,
  • Morris, Josh
  • Anderson, Myles
  • Henley, Adam
  • O`Connor, Anthony
  • Pearson, Matthew
  • Ramm, Jackson
  • Aley, Zac
  • Andrews, Keith
  • Dunn, David (will probably look good in the championship :brfc: through & through)
  • Formica, Mauro
  • Goulon, Herald
  • Knowles, James
  • Grella, Vincenzo
  • Pedersen, Morten Gamst (despite his detractors still capable of match winning moments :rover: )
  • Linganzi, Amine
  • Petrovic, Radosav
  • N'Zonzi, Steven
  • Hoilett, David
  • Vukcevic, Simon
  • Lowe, Jason (still being played out of position :o )
  • Cotton, Robbie
  • Evans, Micah
  • Hitchcock, Tom
  • Maclaren, Jamie
  • Osawe, Osayamen
  • Slew, Jordan
  • Rochina, Rubén
  • Blackman, Nick (not good enough)
  • Aiyegbeni, Yakubu
  • Goodwillie, David (yet to prove himself - hasnt looked good to date :unsure: )
  • Roberts, Jason (only striker with experience :excl: )

Possible starting lineup:

-----------Bunn

Dann--Nelson--Hanley--Henley

-----------Lowe

------Aley------Pedersen

-----------Dunn

-----Roberts---Goodwillie

I am not convinced that Dann or Goodwillie will still be here next year also if Venkys decide to sell everyone which is likely its amazing how many random clubs will buy random players because the fees are so low we could be left with no one in the championship. To be honest I will just be glad we still have a club to support at this rate.

Archived