BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The A word

Could I please have an explanation as to what exactly it means for a club to go into administration?

I know Ian Battersby dismissed this possibility in podcast 23 but I'm learning to far the worst as far as venkys are concerned.

I'm aware of the points implications but from a ownership perspective could it be a blessing in disguise for Rovers?

What is the criteria for entering into admin?

Who applies for a club to be placed in admin?

How does a club come out of administration?

Who appoints the administrators?

What is the administrators brief?

What can be gained from being in administration?

Would the scrutiny involved in this process assist in ridding Rovers of our current owners?

Typed on my phone so please excuse typos etc

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid question alert!

In the wake of a number of clubs now seriously struggling, what would happen, hypothetically, if every club in the entire football league (incl PL) filed for administration?

Every club has the same number of points deducted so League positions are not impacted and every team wipes it debts.

Is it that simple and what would the repercussions be?

The stupid question was mine, not the OP's! :)

there'd be a lot of very rich administrators around. the administrators seem to mop up any cash that is going and then dole out whatever else is raised among those who are owed. A few years back a local travel firm went but. They owed my daughter about 500 in bonuses. despite having a court order that it should be paid, she didn't get a penny. All the money salvaged from the firm paid the administrators fees and there was not a penny for the window cleaners, milkman etc or for those who were entitled to wages or other payments.Lots of small firms and employees miss out when clubs enter administration and the owners get off relatively lightly.

there'd be a lot of very rich administrators around. the administrators seem to mop up any cash that is going and then dole out whatever else is raised among those who are owed. A few years back a local travel firm went but. They owed my daughter about 500 in bonuses. despite having a court order that it should be paid, she didn't get a penny. All the money salvaged from the firm paid the administrators fees and there was not a penny for the window cleaners, milkman etc or for those who were entitled to wages or other payments.Lots of small firms and employees miss out when clubs enter administration and the owners get off relatively lightly.

I'm guessing that was Fraser Eagle?

I can appreciate its not good for a lot of people but could it be good fr omthe clubs' perpective? Although the fact that the SFA are starting an inquiry into Rangers at the moment would suggest that my idea would be breaking a lot of rules. Rules designe to protect employees and non-football creditors.

I think the worst thing is that the millionaire footballers are FIRST to get paid. They should be last IMHO.

I'm guessing that was Fraser Eagle?

I can appreciate its not good for a lot of people but could it be good fr omthe clubs' perpective? Although the fact that the SFA are starting an inquiry into Rangers at the moment would suggest that my idea would be breaking a lot of rules. Rules designe to protect employees and non-football creditors.

I think the worst thing is that the millionaire footballers are FIRST to get paid. They should be last IMHO.

Not fraser Eagle. firm called fleur ran camping holidays.

Stupid question alert!

In the wake of a number of clubs now seriously struggling, what would happen, hypothetically, if every club in the entire football league (incl PL) filed for administration?

Every club has the same number of points deducted so League positions are not impacted and every team wipes it debts.

Is it that simple and what would the repercussions be?

Entering into administration will not magically make all your debts go away. The creditors have to agree to accept less than what they are owed. In your hypothetical situation, I would imagine the clubs would owe money to the banks. It would be in their best interests to refuse any CVA and liquidate all the clubs. Gather up all those stadiums and training grounds and auction them off to anyone who felt like starting up a football league or two.

Archived