BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon-Contractual issues

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically Rochina is a far better player than Formica LeChuck.

As for Formica, I still don't see what he offers. A manager would have to ask if he's a defensively minded, a creator or a goalscorer - and he's none of those.

He moves well with the ball and sometimes looks like he's going to do something, but that's about it.

Nail on the head. Formica is a jack of all trades, master of none, but at least has a decent work rate.

Technically Rochina is a far better player than Formica LeChuck.

As for Formica, I still don't see what he offers. A manager would have to ask if he's a defensively minded, a creator or a goalscorer - and he's none of those.

He moves well with the ball and sometimes looks like he's going to do something, but that's about it.

It's amazing how some people are blinded by a couple of step overs. Rochina has looked hopeless the last couple of times he's played, he needs the ball on his left foot or he's buggered. I'm not writing him off because he could be a very good talent, but we're fighting relegation. It's hardly the time to play luxury players. Vukcevic might just fall into this category as well.

Formica has proved that he has the touch and potentially the ability to be a very good player in this league but as well as that he's shown he can graft for the cause. I'd have him down as a nail on starter on the right wing for the rest of the season - in the away games at least.

It's amazing how some people are blinded by a couple of step overs. Rochina has looked hopeless the last couple of times he's played, he needs the ball on his left foot or he's buggered. I'm not writing him off because he could be a very good talent, but we're fighting relegation. It's hardly the time to play luxury players. Vukcevic might just fall into this category as well.

Formica has proved that he has the touch and potentially the ability to be a very good player in this league but as well as that he's shown he can graft for the cause. I'd have him down as a nail on starter on the right wing for the rest of the season - in the away games at least.

Don't get me wrong about Rochina. He's technically better [more skilful] than Formica - in my opinion. He's not done anything to earn a place in the starting line up though.

Have to disagree about Formica though, he's never a right winger.

Have to disagree about Formica though, he's never a right winger.

I don't think he is either to be honest, but playing Hoilett through the middle away from home seems the way forward. Hoilett's rarely impressed out wide away from Ewood because he didn't get involved as much, and he's not good enough defensively to play there away. So Formica can play out wide, track back to protect Orr or Lowe and possibly produce something going forward.

He's someone to play behind a striker but seeing as I'd pick Dunn there at home and Hoilett away...

Archived