BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers in Football Manager 2012

I picked up a copy of this for a fiver in the Steam sale over the weekend, I've spent sooooo many hours playing this game over the years, even back when it was a ZX Spectrum game! and I've never managed to be very good at it.

At the moment I'm doing my best Kean impression and sitting 19th in the Premiership, Christmas is approaching & I need to turn it around.

The players have fairly good morale, they're all in the green, so I think I've got the hang of talking to them, and I don't struggle to score goals, it's just conceding that I struggle with ... very realistic this game.

Anyone got any advice on how to play FM2012 as Rovers? Any good tactics to use with the current squad?

Hi, when I play FM12 I only manage Rovers. The best formation I have found for Blackburn is 5-2-3. 3 Cb's Hanley, Dann and Givet, 2 wing-backs Martin Olsson and Jason Lowe (you have to train Lowe in the wing-back poss), 2 Cm's Pederson and N'zonzi, 3 strikers Rochina, Yakubu and Hoilett.

But try to buy Lacina Traore from Kubin, Milan Badelj and Sime Vrsaljko from Dinamo or Ruben Yttergard Jennsen.

Hope this helps

Easy......tactics I use.

Either 4-1-1-2-2 (def mid, centre mid, attack wingers) or 4-2-1-2-1 (2 def mid, 1 mid, 2 attacking wingers, 1 striker). or 4-2-2-2 (2 mid, 2 attacking wingers, 2 strikers).

Just quit my job at Blackburn after winning the league 7 times in a row, aswell as 6 charity shields, 5 fa-cups, 3 champs league, 1 euro, 2 super cups, 3 world championship cups.

Now taken on the job of Southend in League 1, media predicted to finish 19th.....currently 1st, unbeaten after 14 games, and 4pts clear.

Also think the advanced tactics are important, set up v quick passing, quite wide play, offsides & counter attacking, also play quite deep defence.

Hi, when I play FM12 I only manage Rovers. The best formation I have found for Blackburn is 5-2-3. 3 Cb's Hanley, Dann and Givet, 2 wing-backs Martin Olsson and Jason Lowe (you have to train Lowe in the wing-back poss), 2 Cm's Pederson and N'zonzi, 3 strikers Rochina, Yakubu and Hoilett.

But try to buy Lacina Traore from Kubin, Milan Badelj and Sime Vrsaljko from Dinamo or Ruben Yttergard Jennsen.

Hope this helps

Do you have any off the field tips?

Easy......tactics I use.

Either 4-1-1-2-2 (def mid, centre mid, attack wingers) or 4-2-1-2-1 (2 def mid, 1 mid, 2 attacking wingers, 1 striker). or 4-2-2-2 (2 mid, 2 attacking wingers, 2 strikers).

Just quit my job at Blackburn after winning the league 7 times in a row, aswell as 6 charity shields, 5 fa-cups, 3 champs league, 1 euro, 2 super cups, 3 world championship cups.

Now taken on the job of Southend in League 1, media predicted to finish 19th.....currently 1st, unbeaten after 14 games, and 4pts clear.

Also think the advanced tactics are important, set up v quick passing, quite wide play, offsides & counter attacking, also play quite deep defence.

Currently I'm using 4-2-3-1, I'll make some adjustments to the advanced tactics, see if that helps my defence.

Archived