BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Jordans book - Be careful what you wish for

Gav

A little respite for the current goings on.

I'm just in the middle of reading Simon Jordans book about his time as Crystal Palaces owner, and whilst I've always judged him a flash southern ****** I'm riveted.

It seems like a really honest assessment of the old boys network that exists in football, self policing putside of the law, players that are clueless, agents that would sell their mothers and a naive chap wanting the best for the club he supported as a boy.

So far Stan Ternant has shown himself to be a typical dingle and Mike Newall an embarrassment.

Have a read, but be careful, if you're falling out of love with football this may just tip the scales.

Great read so far.

A little respite for the current goings on.

I'm just in the middle of reading Simon Jordans book about his time as Crystal Palaces owner, and whilst I've always judged him a flash southern ****** I'm riveted.

It seems like a really honest assessment of the old boys network that exists in football, self policing putside of the law, players that are clueless, agents that would sell their mothers and a naive chap wanting the best for the club he supported as a boy.

So far Stan Ternant has shown himself to be a typical dingle and Mike Newall an embarrassment.

Have a read, but be careful, if you're falling out of love with football this may just tip the scales.

Great read so far.

Heard him interviewed on World Service the other day. Always thought of him as a perma tanned southern ponce but have to admit he spoke with authority and balance. I'll get my order in to Amazon.

Heard him interviewed on World Service the other day. Always thought of him as a perma tanned southern ponce but have to admit he spoke with authority and balance. I'll get my order in to Amazon.

You'll not be dissapointed, puts things into perspective, but you'll probably like me end up with even less respect for the modern day footballer and managers! money grabbing @rseholes if Jordan is to be believed.

Jordan makes a point in the book about the old boys network that exists, with many of them employed by Sky, and how they'll spin news to support their mates, clients, etc etc, much in the way many of us hear Kean being backed by these so called pundits despite his terrible managerial record.

Interesting!

Archived