BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Youth Teams proposal

Originally linked to the board by Bypass06, what are your thoughts on this proposal?

Was originally discussed in the New Managers Thread but I think it deserves its own space.

This isn't a Berg discussion, but a discussion on the proposal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2225211/Henning-Berg-wants-12th-man-brought-team-goes-4-0-down.html

My own opinion on the matter, from the other thread:

It's not a bad proposal. Needs a bit of tweaking maybe. Not sure if I'd want it implemented as it would have allsorts of effects on positioning etc that the young players should be getting to grips with, and also posibilities of people conceding a fourth on purpose to get the extra man on if they are three down and not in the game, but it's certainly not a loony proposal.

Taken so out of context it's unreal.

It's a rule for kids: When they play 7-a-side for a extra player. Or even 5-a-side. So it's not a12th man, but a 6 or 8 man rule. The player is taken of again if the team if the team scores with one more player on the pitch.

Can't believe a newspaper can post this without checking facts. Bizzare.

Taken so out of context it's unreal.

It's a rule for kids: When they play 7-a-side for a extra player. Or even 5-a-side. So it's not a12th man, but a 6 or 8 man rule. The player is taken of again if the team if the team scores with one more player on the pitch.

Can't believe a newspaper can post this without checking facts. Bizzare.

Ah, thanks for that. Do you have any reliable article/website outlining the actual plans then? Not that I'm questioning you, just for an in depth read on it.

These are the same papers we rely on for our manager info haha.

if there's one thing the little mites of today cannot cope with its negativity. it's an everyday part of adult life and we protect them from it. it's poor and I watch them struggle with it, even research both behavioral and scientific support negativity playing a much larger role in development than these positive, less harsh environments.

Archived